Chapter Twenty I

"Sakura. It's okay. Things can go back to the way they were in the old days again. Cheer up okay? See ya."

Kakashi, who flashed a closed-eye grin at Sakura hopped off in search for Sasuke while the pink-haired female wiped her last tear away.

'Thank you, Kakashi-sensei.'

"Hey Sakura chan..."

Turning around to face Naruto, his brows were furrowed rather annoyedly.

"Don't interfere with us-dattebayo."

-•-•-•-•-•-

'Am I honestly that annoying?
Should I have mind my own business?'

Groaning from all the thoughts swirling in her head, Hanami let out a deep sigh as she walked down the streets of Konoha.

"What got you so upset Hana?"

"Huh?"

Turning at the sound of his voice, she was surprised to find Shikamaru alone, with both his hands shoved in his pocket.

"When did a lazy ass like you started to have interest in my affairs?"
She smirked, crossing her arms beneath her chest.

"Ouch. I was just being nice."

A chuckle slipped from her lips while a small silence filled the atmosphere.

"Thanks Shika. I'll tell you about it some other day when we go cloud-watching again okay?"
She grinned, waving goodbye to the lazy male.

Even though they rarely ever meet each other, she knew she could go to him whenever she feel like taking a breather.

Shikamaru was never the one to ask about her trouble, and would just accompany her to cloud-watching.

That's what she's thankful for.
Sometimes, she just needed a person's company, with no explanation what so ever. And the comfortable silence she got whenever they are together, it's something that relaxes her.

"Hana-chan? W-what brings you here?"

"Sorry Hina! Was my visit too abrupt? Are you perhaps busy?"

"N-no no! Come in! I was j-just surprised."
She stuttered, pushing the wooden door wider for me to come in.

"Don't be so shy around me Hina~ it makes me want to hug you forever!"
Hanami pounced onto Hinata, squeezing her tightly while Hinata blushed from embarrassment.

"Will you stop teasing my cousin already? She looks like she's about to collapse."
Neji stepped forward from the side and 'peeled' Hanami from his blushing cousin.

"So, what are you doing here?"
They decided to seat at the living room while Hinata poured tea.

"I just wanted to speak with Hinata that's all..."

Knowing it was probably a signal for him to leave, Neji got up and left the mansion.

"I'm going to train first. Don't take too much of her time because we were suppose to train together."

"Hai hai~ ja ne, Neji~!"
Hanami grinned cheekily, waving bye to him.

Neji may seem cold and heartless but Hanami somehow understood how he felt about the whole branch and main family.

Even though Neji doesn't show it often, Hanami knew he treated her like his sister.

"What is it you want to talk about Hana-chan?"