Chapter Twenty V

Hanami Tenshi

Everyone gathered by the training ground while I stepped forward, waiting for leader-sama to announce my lucky opponent.

Honestly, there was only one member I really wanted to fight out all of them. Not that I've never fought with him before, but this test will probably be a serious one so I don't have to hold back against him.

I will let it all out. maybe.

"The person you will be fighting is..."
Leader-sama stepped out from the shadows as he scanned the members behind me.

"Sasori."

Upon hearing the puppet's name, a smirk slipped out from the poker face I tried to maintain. And to make things worse, a soft chuckle escaped from my lips.

"What's so funny kid?"
Sasori, still in that hideous shell faced me as he walk into position.

"Hmm? No, it's nothing much. Just..."

Unsheathing both my katana elegantly, I twirled one of them around my fingers as I continued.

"I was hoping it'll be you. Since I have yet to get my revenge for breaking the seal of my hometown, and, knocking me out."

He snorted at the last part.

"You were pathetic that day, kid. Let's see how much you've improved since then."

Everyone stepped back a few feet to give us some space.

"Start whenever."

Right after our leader said that, I placed most of my chakra at the balls of my feet while aiming both my katana at the huge puppet.

His tail tried to fend himself from my attacks but because I was much faster and stronger than before, I managed to sliced it in half.

"Stop being a coward and come out of there."

I could hear him click his tongue in annoyance, and I knew it won't be long before I get him out of that hideous looking puppet.

Doing a quick hand-sign, I activated Kin and summoned three golden dolls like what I did yesterday.

"I shall just make you come out then."

Attacking him at all sides, it took a while before I could fully break it, finally seeing the red-head's annoyed expression.

By now, I was lightly panting. Not too tired, but I guess, it's finally the time we get serious.

"You leave me no choice kid."

He threw a scroll in front and with a puff of smoke, there was about a hundred of puppets floating above him.

Seeing that many of them made me sigh as I rubbed the back of my neck in a lazy manner.

"Well, let's have a little fun shall we?"

Concentrating all my chakra to my heart, I could sense Mel's presence in me as I felt wings sprouting from my back. It's true that the transformation still leave me sore from head to toe afterwards, but at least I'm getting a hang of it.

Maybe someday I could last a full hour, since now I could barely last thirty-minutes.

Soaring up to the cloudy sky, my wings glided smoothly as I slay those hooded woods with my katana.

Knowing it's useless to just waste my energy on them, I summoned a clone to do it for me as I flew towards Sasori with the speed of light.

We battled with each other to and fro, and though I said I want to 'let it all out', I realize there was not really much I could show. All these years, I had been training my endurance and strength to not crumple in a long run, I did not have time to create much jutsu.