Chapter Twenty

|| A Week Later ||

An unfamiliar female walked into the room where Sasuke lay unconscious.

Sakura stood up from her seat, sending her a confused look.

"Who are you...?"

Just then, Naruto came in all chirpy and excited.

"Sakura-chan! Hana-chan! Everything will be all right now! I brought along a really awesome person!"

Hanami smiled, bowing respectfully to the female.

"It's nice to meet you again, Tsunade-sama."

Tsunade turned to face the familiar lad as she tried to pin point who she was. She had a feeling she met her before but yet it was a rather fuzzy memory.

"I'm Hanami Tenshi. The girl you saved when I was diagnosed with a rare disease?"
Hanami exclaimed with a gentle smile, feeling grateful towards her.

"Oh! Now that I remember, you are one strong girl to be able to hold on for so long. It's nice to see you again."
She replied with a genuine smile.

However, Sakura interrupted the reunion politely by bowing to Tsunade.

"Please save Sasuke-kun..."

Tsunade stepped forward, eyeing Sasuke before glancing at the flowers on the side table.

'Those two flowers aren't from the same day...so this kid is coming here every day huh.'

"Leave it to me."
She grinned at Sakura, placing her palm on Sasuke's forehead.

Then, a bright green glow appeared, as Sakura stared intensely at it.

A tear streamed down her cheek, while Hanami watched quietly by the side. She knew Tsunade-sama was really good in medical ninjutsu, so she place all her trust in her.

After what seemed like forever, a groan was heard from Sasuke before his eyes fluttered open.

"Sasuke-kun!"
Overwhelmed by her emotions, Sakura went forward and hugged him as tears flowed freely from her emerald hues.

Naruto, being caught off-guard, watched the duo silently before turning on his heels and leaving them alone.

Hanami glanced at the retreating figure, and decided to follow suit as well.

"Aren't you going to stay with Sasuke? You're very close to him right?"

"Yeah...we are. But, I think it's okay to just let Sakura have a moment with him. She was after all, really worried about him."

"But Hana-chan. You were worried about Sasuke too right?"

Hanami sighed, flashing him a small smile.

"You wouldn't understand even if I explain it. It's a girl's thing..."
She waved it off, walking away from the hospital room.

Though what she really wanted to say was she felt annoyed at herself for not being to do anything. She should've chased after him, and possibly be by his side when he was hurting. Yet, she didn't.

Walking towards the training forest, she collapsed under a shady tree while looking up at those fluffy clouds in the sky.

'You know, it's not your fault right, Hime-sama.'

'Mel...I promised I'll be there when he needed me and yet I-'

'Yes you did. But this is between him and his brother. You do know you're just an outsider right?'