Chapter Twenty VII

Hanami Tenshi

Two pairs of tiny feet froze when i laid my eyes on them.

"Aniki? Who are they? Are they the people Nee-chan was talking about?"

The little girl pointed her fingers at us three, while her brother, pulled her close to him.

"Aoi! It's rude to point. And, i don't know..."

He took a few cautious steps back, unsure of the situation he's in.

Kisame's lips parted, and was about to speak when the girl's giggle cut him off.

"Aniki, why does that guy have blue skin and a fish head?"

Silence engulfed the five of us.

However, it didn't take long before her eyes started to water as she clung onto her brother's sleeves, brawling.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry fish demon! I promise I'll stop wasting fish meat from now on! Please don't throw me to the scary fishes!"

I swore, I heard Itachi snorted as the child's cry continued to fill our ears.

Kisame, speechless after hearing those words, wrapped his fingers around the handle of his huge blade.

"Look here kid—"

"If we don't continue, we're going to be late."

Itachi interrupted, as I sent Kisame a sharp glare.

"I'll settle this. You guys go ahead. I'm not needed when the sealing is taking place anyway."

Kisame huffed, pulling the fourth jinjuriki closer to him as they jumped towards the trees, quickly disappearing.

I then turn my attention to the two siblings. Her brother managed to stop her tears from flowing, whispering words like 'it's okay, he's gone because he knows you were obedient and you won't do it again.'

"How did the two of you ended up alone in the forest?"

I took a few steps forward, bending down to their level.

The boy looked hesitant to answer my question. He really is a good boy, not trusting strangers. And trying to appear strong despite being scared.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you. See this?"

I reached my hand into my pocket, grabbing my black headband. However, i made sure to transform it to the original state before showing it to them.

"I'm a ninja from Konoha, and those guys were my comrades. Don't worry, they may appear scary but they're really nice inside. So, what happen?"

The boy was still hesitant until his sister decided to speak for him.

"We were playing tag with Nee-chan when suddenly a group of scary guys jump out. Nee-chan told us to keep running straight and don't turn back."

"Aoi!"

"Aniki, i think this nee-chan is a good person! I think she can help us!"

A small smile tugged the corner of my lips, hearing her say that.

Am i really a good person?

"What if she's lying?"

"If i'm a bad guy, wouldn't I kill the two of you by now? Or at least kidnap you guys?"

The boy thought for a moment before shyly scratching the back of his head.

"Sorry..."

"It's okay. I'm Hanami, and you?"