Chapter Fifteen

"Kagebun-shin no jutsu!"

Naruto made the hand sign and five of himself appeared. All of them held a kunai protectively in front as they charged towards Neji at the same time.

However, Neji activated his Byakugan and easily defeated Naruto's clone.

"Become Hokage...eh? It's impossible with that. I can figure it out with my eyes. Talent is decided at your birth...you could say that everything is decided when a person is born.

"Why the hell do you always automatically decide things like that?!"
Naruto retorted angrily.

"Then...are you saying anybody can become Hokage through hard work? Only a handful of Shinobi are chosen as Hokage. Look closely at reality! Those that become Hokage are born in that destiny. You didn't become it by trying. It is decided by destiny. People must live within their own unchangeable flow...only one...the only destiny that every person shares is...death."
He explained with a bitter look on his face.

Hanami bit on her bottom lips as Neji's words echoed in her head. Death...death is inevitable, but somehow, just hearing it made her think of her family. Sometimes, she wished she could've just disobeyed her father for once. After all,

'I'd rather die alongside with them, then to be left alone now...'

"So what! I'm not good at giving up!!"

Naruto yelled, doing the same hand sign, however, this time, there were more copies of himself.

"heh...you go Naurto."

A soft smile grace upon her lips as she watched Naruto try again and again, standing right back up each time Neji slammed him down.

"Lady Hanami, Hokage-sama would like to have a word with you."

An ANBU black op kneeled behind her suspiciously, while she took a short glance towards the top of the tower.

"Very well..."

She followed the male up until she was now behind the Hokage, watching over the entire match.

"You called for me?"

She whispered by his ear, though she felt a sudden feeling of uneasiness crawling up her skin.

"Due to the match you had during the preliminary exam, your true identity was exposed, therefore, it'll be dangerous for you to loiter around unguarded. Especially after you've just recovered. Also, watch out for Orochimaru, I knew he wouldn't leave until he got his hands on Sasuke."

She listened attentively to the Hokage and nodded her head in understanding.

"Yes, Hokage-sama. However, if possible, I would like to stay by your side. I do not trust the Kazekage."

She whispered softly, and he too, nodded in agreement.

Taking a few small steps back, Hanami stood behind the Hokage on his right, watching Naruto struggling to get up.

"Why...Why if you're this strong...why? With those eyes that can see everything...Why did you mentally attack Hinata, who was trying so hard?"

"That's none of your business."

"Insulting Hinata, automatically deciding she's a loser!! Main family...Branch family...I don't know what the hell happened, but pieces of shit like you who call other people losers...I will never forgive!!!"

Hanami watched with a little frown when Neji took off his headband, explaining about the curse and his father's death.

'So his father sacrificed himself for the main family and peace in Konoha...I somehow...maybe my view of him will change. I always thought he was arrogant and down-right rude most of the time.