Chapter Seventeen

The dark clouds rolled in, hovering above the bright sun while thunders growled in mischief.

Hanami slipped out of her usual attire and wore a black kimono top with black tights before securing her usual black sandals on her feet. A note was stuck on the door, letting the female know that her guardian had left first to visit someone before going for the funeral.

Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying last night. She couldn't accept it. Reality nor truth. If only she didn't leave, if only she disobeyed. Negative thoughts were swirling around her mind, much like those clouds above her head.

Again.
She let history repeat itself.
When will she ever learn?

'It wasn't your fault.'
'He sacrificed for the village.'
'You shouldn't blame yourself.'
Those empty words, how was she going to face her father? He would have been disappointed in her lack of skills and carelessness.

Didn't Kakashi said before?
'Those who broke the rule were scums. However, those who abandoned their comrade are worst than scums.'

As she dragged her feet over to the meeting place, Sasuke was the first she met as their house were along the same way. However, she never once acknowledge his presence and they just walk side by side in silence.

He knew she was out of it, and whatever he say now will just be ignored or unheard by that thick skull of hers.

As they reach an intersection, they were joined by Naruto and Sakura; both of them had a sorrowful expression on their face. Yet, they knew how close the Third was to Hanami. Even though they were rarely seen together, practically everyone knew about how she treated him like her grandfather.

Altogether, they proceed over to where everyone else was-on top of the Hokage building, standing neatly in rows while looking forward at a coffin with hundreds of white roses under it. In front was the face of the Third Hokage himself, a small smile grace upon his lips.

Hanami, along with some of the nins related to the Hokage was standing on the front line. She could hear Konohamaru sobbing as he wiped those endless tears. Iruka was currently comforting him with a soft smile. It didn't help that it started to drizzle, as if the heavens were sharing their sorrow with them.

"What are humans? Is life just that simple?"
Naruto asked out of the blue, while his gaze was fixated on the sky.

"When a person dies...doesn't matter if it's the past, present of future, they lose everything. He died fighting in a mission, death caught him unaware because life was that simple..."
Iruka started explaining and because the atmosphere were quiet, almost everyone around him could hear.

"It's like a dream. It's all the same even if you haven't found a goal...but everyone knows that the most important thing is to die for a cause. Family, friends, lovers, and all the other villagers..."

"Humans are weak...they rely on others even without knowing and when that very person they thought was their only weakness disappears, they forgot that they were once their strength..."
Hanami spoke up, her gaze lingering on the photo frame.

"Humans are vulnerable and innocent when they're first born. They knew nothing about the world and when they start to get curious, when they venture out from their comfort zone, that's when they learn to make mistakes and grow from it. That's when...they learn the difference between reality and a dream."
She paused, while everyone took turn to pay their respect and placed a white rose on the table.

"We are after all...just humans too."

When it was finally her turn, she peeled a petal before placing the flower on top of the others. Biting her lips with the single petal between her lips, blood dripped onto the petal-dying it red.