Chapter Nine

"HANAMI!"

'Who's that...'

"HANA-CHAN!"

'It sounds familiar...ah...I can't feel my senses anymore...'

"Hana-chan..."

'I can't move...how long have I been falling? It feels like I've fallen into an endless pit'

Before her conscious were lost to the darkness, she felt a hand around her waist, pulling her in protectively.

"..."
Hanami winced from a bright light, sitting up, her eyes adapted to the situation immediately.

Sasuke was lying beside her and Naruto was on her other side. Sakura was about to drift to sleep as her head nodded forward countless times.

'W-what happen...?'
Standing up, Hanami decided it's best to just leave the explanation for later.

"Sakura...sleep"
Hanami whispered, as the sleepy ninja nodded, falling into a deep slumber.

Watching them was a rather waste of time, so Hanami decided to speed up Naruto's recovery first.
Placing both of her palm on top of his chest, a bright green glow formed and she started healing minor wounds, letting his body manage those bigger ones. However, with the nine tails chakra in him, she knew he will be fine any moment soon.

Looking up at the sky, she could feel an uneasy feeling crawling up her skin.

Scanning the area around her, Hanami set up a few traps around them for safety reasons.

When she was done, she looked back at her three friends. They were like her family now and because she wasn't able to go back to her clan, she treated them as if they were her kin.

For example, Sakura was definitely like her mom, always caring for her and know what advice to give when needed. She's also quick to understand situation and always the one whom Hanami will talk to if there was girl problems.

Naruto on the other hand, was more like her brother. Even though her brother is more mature than Naruto, they both shared similar traits like playfulness and never giving up motto. They know how to lift burdens from others and never once showed arrogance. Also, both of them are such klutz sometimes.

Sasuke, however, is someone she knew understood her pain. Both of them lost something precious to them and even though Sasuke wanted revenge, she wanted peace.
Whenever she felt like crying, she'll find Sasuke. Never will they show their weakness to others, except themselves. Therefore, they are always seen together if any one of them felt the need of company.

Her index finger twitched, pulling her back to reality as her head snapped towards the direction where there's movement.

"Come out"
She demanded.

Ino, Shikamaru and Choji hesitated, their heart pounding rapidly in their cage.

"Shikamaru, should we go?"
Ino whispered softly into his ear while he shook his head.

"I know you're there. Don't bother to hide."
She was growing impatient.

Standing up, Hanami walked out of the little cave, not far from her teammates as well, in case they tried to hurt them.

When the three leaf ninjas was about to move, another three sound ninjas appeared instead.

Those leaf nins stayed in their position, masking as much of their chakra as possible.

"Well well well, if it isn't the pathetic girl"

One of the male smirked at her, eyeing her from head to toe.