Chapter Twenty II

The sun was up early, painting the sky with beautiful shades of orange. Birds chirped, streets buzzed, the world was moving on. However, something just didn't feel right.

"I've gathered everyone here because I have a report of Sasuke leaving the village and I want everyone here to bring him back."
Tsunade-sama rest her hands in front of her face, a frown visible on her face.

"Though it only state Sasuke's name, I want everyone to keep a look out for Hanami as well. I sent a few ANBU to search for her but got zero result, and I have a suspicion she might have left along with him. Nothing is confirm right now, so our number one objective is to get Sasuke back. That's all!"

Everyone gathered under a huge tree and no one dared to break the silence just yet.

Sakura could feel the tears welling up as she recalled yesterday night's event.

"Sasuke, what was he thinking? Leaving the village is a huge crime! And that Hanami. If she really was with him, why didn't she stop him? I bet she just wanted him all to herself."
Ino grumbled aloud, annoyed at the fact that not only was Sasuke gone, her rival was with him too.

"Ino-"

"Shut it Shikamaru. You know damn well that Hanami had feelings for Sasuke. Obviously, she'll selfishly have him all to herself and left as well. Wait, Hanami wasn't even from Konoha right? Then...oh my kami!"
Her eyes widened in surprise the more she reasoned in her head.

"I bet she convinced him to leave Konoha! She probably planned it and-"

Before she could fully let her chain of thoughts in her mind to vocalize, a stinging sensation could be felt on her right cheek. Her face was forced towards the left.

"Don't. Ever. Say. That. Again."
Sakura, with tears streaming down her cheeks, gritted her teeth in anger.

Naruto, on the other hand, had his fingers curled into a fist. He was holding back, all the confusion and anger swirling in his tummy.

"Ino. I know you can be annoying, but I didn't know you were that low."
Shikamaru sighed casually, but anger was clearly reflecting in his eyes.

"Hana-chan...v-visited me yesterday afternoon. She was r-really worried about Sasuke...but left during the night."
Hinata, spoke up, wanting to clear her name as well.

"Yeah. I was there too, though I didn't listen to their conversation. But, I know that she was really troubled as she rarely visits Hinata unless it's important."
Neji, whom had been leaning against the tree bark, spoke as well.

Lee and Ten Ten nodded their head in agreement. Even though they rarely hung out with Hanami, they had a few training sessions together and it was always enjoyable. Hanami struck them as the girl who won't give up whenever her mind is set to do something. However, she will give it up in a heartbeat if anyone precious to her is at stake.

"You guys..."
Ino was utterly shock at their response. Was she...too much?

She bit her bottom lip in frustration, her eyes cast down in shame.

They can't blame her...could they?
She had always observed Sasuke since young, and Hanami only came a few years ago. So, isn't that unfair...?

"Hanami, she didn't leave with Sasuke."
Shikamaru finally decided to not keep quiet about it.

"What? How would you know?"

"I met her two in the morning. Or...more like she visited me and woke me up to go star-gazing."
He scratched the back of his head, remembering the moment.