Chapter Twenty IX

Itachi Uchiha

"and then I disappeared..."

Silence fell between the two of us as she finished off what had happened.

She was just sitting there, staring off at a distance; as if lost in her own thoughts.

If only she knew,
the real reason behind the massacre...

"Itachi..."

My gaze darted over to her figure by the bed.

"Why did you...spare him?"

Those words came out slow and distant, she did not even turn to face me either.

My mouth parted for an answer, but before i could utter a single word, the door swung open.

"Time to go kid."
Sasori announced before walking away.

"Our mission got pushed forward un. Better hurry before donna gets pissed."
Deidara added, walking away right after.

She stood up a few seconds later and secured her katanas behind her back.

Giving me one last look, she ran off.

Why did she asked that question?
Did she not have believed him?

Hanami Tenshi

I sat on the huge clay bird, watching the sky turning a mixture of red and orange.

"I'm going to capture the kazekage myself so don't interfere un."

"Like a kid like you can do anything alone."

I sighed, easing myself into a comfortable position as i blocked their meaningless argument.

"Why did you leave Konoha?! You were suppose to stay there and leave a peaceful life"

"I'm going to kill Orochimaru after i obtained the power i needed from him. Then, i'll have my revenge! That's all it is in the equation so why are you messing up my plan!"

"hey...could you leave already?"

My fingers clenched onto my arm with so much force, i did not even feel those tears streaming down until deidara snapped me out of my trance.

"hey, are you crying un?"

In a swift movement, i wiped them away quickly, giving him a glare.

"Me? Crying? You're seeing things."
I huffed, turning away from them.

"but-"

"deidara. We don't have all day. Hurry up."

with a grin plastered on my lips, i stuck my tongue out at him as i waved them goodbye.

after all, my job was to sit and wait. as quoted from sasori.

sasuke...why did things have to turn out this way?

I lowered my back on the bird while watching the stars twinkle across the horizon.

Was it just me?
because they look rather dull tonight?

why do you feel so far away?

i stretched my hand out, reaching for those beautiful jewels i thought i could have them when i was five.

why can't things be like before?

when we were just side by side,
training to be stronger,
promising to be together,
forever huh?