Chapter Twenty IV

Rain.

Tiny droplets of water fell from the dark clouds that hovered above them. Again. Everyday.

How long had it been since she last felt the heat from nature's natural light?

Every single day since she was captured, she would wake up to the sound of pitter patter on her window, while her lavender hues glossed over the gloomy village.

The coldness of it all probably rubbed onto her as she grew quieter and quieter by the years.

A knock from the door made her seat up from her lying position.

"Leader-sama wants to meet us."

A deep voice echoed in the fairly-empty room. He turned his back on her when he heard the sound of rustling sheets.

Her movements were slow yet elegant. It was not done deliberately but after spending a few years with the organization, she silently changed. From the loud and rather cheeky kid, became the quiet and emotionless girl.

Grabbing her coat, she wore it effortlessly and proceed to follow her partner. Just as they were about to turn at a corner, they met up with her other partner.

"What took you so long?"

And as always, he got ignored.

A sigh escaped from the male's lips.

"Seriously...having one emotionless guy is enough. Why did leader have to put the girl with me...this sucks."

Upon arriving to the assigned destination, Konan was there to greet them. Honestly, Hanami spoke to her the most, second being the leader, since she had to answer him.

"It's been two and a half years since your training with every member. Tomorrow, I'll test your skills by having a match with a member."

He paused, walking out from the shadow.

"You will know who on the day itself so be prepared. If you pass, your team are to retrieve the four-tailed demon."

Hanami responded with a silent nod.

"Do not disappoint me."

With that, the three members left.

"So...nervous...?"
Kisame, a blue-skinned male that was always ignored in his team, asked her awkwardly. Though they had trained together for a few times, she was never the one to answer small talks unless she felt the need to. After all, at that time, she was forced to join the organization.

However, as time went by, she gradually got use to their environment. During training, she'll observe the members and on special occasion, she might even laugh at their argument.

Once, Hidan— arrogant holy dude that would never shut up about his obsession with his god named Jashin, played a prank on Deidara— noisy blonde that fights with his partner everyday about Art. Hidan wanted to swap Deidara's clay with something else but he messed up and had both his arms blown off. Kakuzu had to sew it back for him after that.

Hanami, whom had training with Hidan that day, witnessed the whole scene and laughed at her sensei's idiocy.

Though it was really funny, no one else laughed because they were too surprised hearing her laughter. Since then, more accidents happened because they wanted to make her laugh again. Though it all failed and the leader was furious with their childish behavior. He sent them both to a very long mission, wanting to have some peace and quiet.

Her gaze met Kisame's one for a brief moment before looking away. She shrugged her shoulders before walking into her room and grabbed two katana.