Chapter Eight

|| two year later ||

The room was silent, with only scribbling sounds made by different nins around the world. It's the first Chunin exam and apparently, it's a written one.
Hanami stared at the first three questions she had answered. It was easy, but when you scan all the questions, it just literally wanted you to cheat.
The sudden jump in level of difficulty is like crazy and when she recalled what the serious man had said, he didn't entirely say you cannot cheat.
Looking back to the clock, there was still thirty minutes left.

Hanami activated her Kekkei Genkai: Kin, as she scanned the room, realizing the male sitting diagonal from her had been writing nonstop.
She have no idea how she's going to cheat because Kin only trap and kill.
Cracking her head to think, she realize it would be a matter of time before he finishes the third question.
Taking a deep breath, Hanami let the chain bind the male's wrist steadily, not wanting him to notice the sudden weight.
The chain extended to her own left wrist, realizing it actually worked.
'Now...I just gotta follow his action' She thought silently, a smirk tugging the corner of her lips.

"Excuse me? I need to go to the loo" a male with purple lines and marking on his face raised his hands.
Hanami remembered him from yesterday's incident. What was his name again?

|| flashback ||

It was after training and they went their separate ways. Sakura wanted to walk with Sasuke but was rejected, as expected.
However, Hanami was walking the same route so she just followed him behind, but soon realize Sasuke's paced slowed to her level. Now, they were walking side by side.
"You're weird..." Hanami chuckled, interlocking her fingers together behind her back.
Sasuke raised a brow at her before shrugging that comment away.
"And I never say I'm not weird either..." She admitted, looking up at the clear sky.
"Sometimes I don't understand you, Sasuke. But there are times I felt like I've known you since forever. Weird right?" Hanami laughed softly, never once looking over to the Uchiha.
Well, little did she know that he had a small smile on his face that lasted for less than a minute.
"I can't say I didn't feel the same way" he uttered inaudibly, walking in front now.
"Huh? What did you say Sasuke?"
Hanami broke out from her daydream and caught up to his pace again.
"Nothing"
He dismissed as a peaceful silence fell upon them.

However, it didn't last long when they heard Naruto's shouting. Sasuke jumped up to a tree while Hanami ran over to the little scene.

"Let him go!" Sakura shouted, while Naruto agreed.
Hanami stopped behind Sakura, observing the situation.
Why are sand ninjas here?
However, her thoughts were pushed away immediately when the male threatened to punch the Hokage's grandson.
Almost in sync, Sasuke threw a pebble and Hanami activated Kin and chained his legs and the hand that was clenched to a fist.

"W-what?"
His other hand let go of the grandson due to the sharp pain but he realize he couldn't move his other limps.

"It's not very nice to bully a kid you know." Hanami frowned for a second before a smirk danced on her lips.

"What did you do?"
The male growled, twisting his body but nothing changed.

"If you apologize, I'll let you go"
Her voice was calm and somewhat serious.

"Kankuro, just apologize!"
The blonde girl that had been quiet for a while spoke to the male.

"Like hell I would Temari! When I get my hands on you-"
The male ignored the blonde's words as he struggled yet again.

"Kankuro, that's enough. Apologize or I'll kill you."
A sudden deep voice interrupted as a male with fiery-red hair was hung upside down next to Sasuke.