Chapter 28

"GOOOOO! SPARTANS!" Luca and the rest of the cheerleaders smiled wide as they waved their pompoms in the air. Luca ran back to the bench to grab his blue and white cheerleading jacket and quickly slipped it on. His uniform was no match for the chilly November air which sent chills over his body, though the incessant jumping, cheering and cartwheels helped to keep him warm.

"God I hope we beat them." Hannah said as she maneuvered around Luca, grabbing her water bottle and taking a big swig of it.

"Is it bad that part of me hopes they beat us so the damn season will end..." Claire moaned in irritation as the three of them chuckled.

"Guys this is our last season on the squad! Like... It's the end of an era." Luca said fake ditsily, as the other two girls closed in for a group hug.

"An era that needs to fucking end." Claire said rolling her eyes as they glanced back at the cliques of girls taking their breaks.

"I'm telling you the Juniors are demon spawns." Luca whisper yelled as he glared blatantly at the Junior plastics who were all in a huddle. "I overheard them talking about mixing Nair in some girl's shampoo."

"That's evil, did you stop them?" Hannah stared at him wide-eyed.

"Nope." Luca said adding an extra pop to the final "p". "I'm not their mom."

"Coach was saying we should do flips during fourth quarter, it'll get people more hype." Hannah said as she touched up her makeup.

"Kill me." Claire seethed as she set her water bottle down and walked back onto the sideline with Luca and Hannah.

"You're the only cheerleader I have ever met who hates cheerleading." Luca teased her, nudging Claire with his shoulder.

"Luca Greco, that is by far the nicest thing you've ever said to me." Claire taunted as they both giggled jokingly.

"Don't get used to it." Luca joked, making Hannah bust out laughing.

Claire, Hannah, and Luca were best friends since freshman year when they tried out together for cheerleading quad. With time they climbed up to the positions they hold now, Crenshaw High Royalty. The whole school revolved around them. People even stopped and stared when they'd walk in formation in the hallways.

Though they joked about being relieved that the football season was ending, they knew it meant the end of an era. Luca was going to Columbia, Hannah to UVA and Claire to UNC. Though all three would be cheering, for the first time they'd be cheering for different teams.

Fourth quarter started not long later as Hilldale and Crenshaw went head to head once again for the final playoff game of the season before the District Championship. Hilldale qualified for Districts already, but if Crenshaw win this game, they would qualify too. By the end of third quarter Hilldale were winning by two points, but granted it was a Hilldale v. Crenshaw game; it was still too early to tell.

The Crenshaw Cheerleading squad continued doing their cheers and flips, cartwheeling around the sidelines effortlessly and getting into human pyramids. By now Luca had been doing it for four years, and it all seemed the same. But this time it was different. This was the first time they played Hilldale while Luca was dating Aidan. He'd even try to sneak peeks onto the field in hopes of catching a glimpse his red and white clad hero.

For Aidan it was a lot harder to keep his head in the game. He found himself glancing over towards the Crenshaw sidelines, watching his pretty little cheerleader who somehow managed to look even more beautiful in that blue and white uniform. The harsh stadium lights seemed to catch his radiant olive skin and shiny raven black hair.