Chapter 15

"HE CAME OUT TO HIS FAMILY!?" Gianna said in shock as Luca walked out of his closet with a black v-neck t-shirt and black skinny jeans. "And you're just telling us now?!" It had been three weeks since Aidan came out to his family, and they seemed to be going strong. But tonight they were going on their first official date in public, which Aidan had been gently pushing for.

"I wanted to tell you all in person." Luca chuckled as he sifted through his drawers for a pair of black skinny jeans. "I had no idea he was going to it, he just grabbed my hand, and told them!" Luca recounted with wide eyes.

"What did they say?" Endri asked as he looked up from his phone.

"They... oddly weren't surprised about it. Like at all." Luca said blankly, all too preoccupied with putting the clothes over his body while deciding which outfit looked better in the mirror.

"So are you guys going to like... tell people?" Asked Endri with concern practically dripping from his face.

"We'll keep it on the DL till after graduation."

"LUCA. It's... October. Graduation is in May. Realistically how can you keep it a secret for that long?" Arianna asked with equal concern.

"We'll figure it out guys! Jesus, I thought you'd be more supportive. Just go with the flow." Luca said dismissively as the three of them just stared at him and each other in awe.

"Luca Greco, when have you ever gone with the flow?" Endri asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" replied Luca sassily as he dramatically threw the clothes in his hands on the floor. "Should I wear this one, or this one?" He asked holding up two identical black sweaters, out of his ninety percent black wardrobe.

"They look the same." Endri blinked confusedly, earning him a groan from Luca. "Do you have anything that isn't black? Why do you wear so much black anyway?"

"Because it's slimming and it goes with everything." Luca blinked confusedly as if Endri had asked the stupidest question in the world. "Can we focus here, I am totally chill! I don't know what you guys are talking about."

"Its just... you're.. kind of... High strung isn't quite the right word." Arianna said in a high pitched hesitant tone, that she would inadvertently dip into whenever she was bullshitting.

"Yes it is." Gianna chimed in teasingly as Luca glared daggers at her.

"I guess Type A is the right way to put it." Endri added, wearily watching Luca grow angrier.

"I AM NOT. HIGH STRUNG." Luca defended himself. "I just like everything to be in order, that's all." He said with his arms folded over his chest and his hip cocked to the side.

"And when it's not in order, you lose your mind." Arianna tried in vain to diffuse the situation. "But it's not a bad thing."

"Yeah, As long as you're not on the receiving end." Gianna said teasingly as Luca chucked one of the sweaters at her. "WHAT! It's true."

"What time is he coming to pick you up anyway?" Arianna teased raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Around 7, he'll call when he's down the road so I can meet him." Luca said nonchalantly.

"Why?" Gianna asked with narrowed eyes. "Why can't he just come pick you up?"

"Because if Gio sees him, he'll go psycho." Luca said matter-of-factly as he walked into his closet and returned modelling a dark mustard yellow sweater and black skinny jeans to his friends as they all gave him a non-verbal sign of approval.