Chapter 21

Niccolo stared out at the field with a bored look on his face as he watched his old high school football team pummelling their opponents. He turned towards the young boy next to him, smirking as he noticed him fixated on a certain quarterback, ignoring pretty much everyone else.

"God, this is boring. How do people watch this for fun." Niccolo drawled, snapping Luca out of his lovesick trance.

"Nico, you literally played football in high school." Luca shot him the side eye.

"I played I didn't watch." Niccolo shot back at him with a playful eye-roll. "Besides since when are you interested in football."

"I'll have you know I happen to be very interested in football." Luca smirked sassily, slapping his hand over his heart in faux offence.

"Piccolino (Little one), being interested in a football players doesn't make you interested in football." Niccolo said teasingly biting his tongue.

"I don't know what you mean." Luca sassed him back, folding his arms over his chest as Niccolo ruffled his hair and he pulled his little cousin in close.

Niccolo followed Luca's line of vision to see him fixated on the quarterback with the name "Taylor" on the back of his jersey.

"Lo ami molto, vero?" (You love him a lot, don't you) Niccolo said with a smirk as his little cousin stared at him blankly.

"Ovviamente." (Obviously.) Luca rolled his eyes teasingly at his cousin before glancing back out at the field.

"Posso vederlo nei tuoi occhi." (I can see it in your eyes.) Niccolo said with a soft smile, gazing down at Luca in intrigue as he watched his boyfriend "Lo guardi come Nonna guarda Nonno." (You look at him like Nonna looks at Nonno)

"Lo adoro, Nico. Non so quando o come, ma lo amo." (I love him, Nico. I don't know when or how, but I love him) Luca said softly as he glanced up at his cousin with a genuine soft smile.

"Non e un po 'presto?" (Is it not a bit fast?) Niccolo said wearily, a look of concern clear on his dark brown eyes.

"Sì, è presto, ed è quello che temo di più." (Yes, It is fast, and that's what scares me most. ) Luca admitted matter-of-factly, flashing his cousin a weary tight lipped smile.

"Sai, sarà felice per te." (You know, he'll be happy for you) Niccolo shot Luca a knowing glance.

"Chi?"(Who?) Luca asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Ovviamente Gio." (Obviously Gio.) Niccolo said flatly, almost weary of how Luca would react.

"Oh God! Not you too! Aidan me l'ha già detto." (Aidan has already said that to me.) Luca threw his hands up in disbelief.

"Wait, He's not the one who doesn't want you telling people?" Niccolo glanced at him with a quizzical expression.

"No, he wanted to tell everyone when we first became a thing. I'm the one who wants to wait till graduation." Luca said flatly.

"Don't be ridiculous, piccolino. You can't wait till Graduation, that's months away!" Niccolo scoffed at the thought.

"What do you expect me to do." Luca asked in aggravation, giving him the side eye.

"Who cares what people think, Luca. If you're happy, you're happy. Who cares about everyone else, si fottano tutti! (Fuck them all!)" Niccolo said seriously.

"It's not that simple, Nico. You know that! The rivalry only gets worse closer to the playoffs. Things are about to get ugly. And I'm not going to get stuck in the crossfire." Luca explained seriously.