Chapter 24

Aidan splashed cold water on his face as he tried to regain his composure.  At first he thought the worst thing that Luca could have done was cheat on him or leave him; but all this came out of left field. He knew he had to help and hold Luca at a time like this, but he didn't know how to; when he wanted to hold him and tell him it was all going to be okay, he froze.

He finally took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom, glancing over to see the light indentation in the duvet where Luca was sitting, but now was nowhere in sight. Shit, Aidan said to himself as he bolted out of his room and down the stairs to see no sign of Luca anywhere. He let out a string of profanities as he threw the front door open, momentarily breathing a sigh of relief as he watched Luca walking down towards his car. He bolted straight for him, playfullytackling the smaller boy into the grass and pinning him down.

"MINCHIA! CHE CAZZO STAI FACENDO! SCENDI! NON MI TOCCARE! STRONZO!" (Fuck! What the fuck are you doing?! GET OFF! Don't touch me you piece of shit!) Luca screamed at him angrily, earning him a loving smirk from Aidan. He loved how Luca looked when he was happy and angry, but not so much when he was sad. However Aidan's amusement didn't last long when he suddenly  felt Luca slap him across the face.

"I deserved that" Aidan said with a sigh staring down as he took in Luca's swollen red eyes and tear stained. "Where the fuck were you going, baby?"

"HOME! Where the fuck else would I go! You clearly didn't want me here!"

"Baby, I never said I-"

"You didn't have to!" Luca screamed as the tears continued to stream down his face. "You didn't even want to look at me! You didn't even let me touch you! You think I'm some sort of psycho murderer freak!" Aidan didn't know what to say to him, so he did all he could to show that everything Luca said was wrong. 

"Shh... Look at me..." Aidan cupped Luca's face lovingly, locking eyes with him in hopes he could get through to the distraught dark haired boy. "Look into my eyes... I'm here... I'm right here..."  Aidan gently placed his lips onto Luca's and kissed him softly as Luca kissed him back out of habit though he was still angry with his handsome blond boyfriend.

"Let's go inside and talk." Aidan said with labored breaths as he broke off the kiss; pulling back to see Luca's previously fiery eyes looked to be considerably. Luca nodded grudgingly, it was clear he was still upset with Aidan, but he wasn't going to let this end what they had; Aidan loved Luca with all his heart, and this was far from over so long as he had anything to say about this.

Aidan scooped Luca up bridal style and carried him up the walkway and back into his house; he could hardly look down at Luca, his eyes were practically dripping with anger and a look of deep seated disappointment. And why wouldn't he? When Luca needed him most Aidan froze.                          

Shutting the front door to their house and carrying Luca back up to his bedroom, Aidan collected his thoughts so that he could be strong for Luca; he needed him in this moment. Aidan was traumatized just hearing about it all, he couldn't even imagine how traumatized Luca was. As he carried the dark haired boy back into his bedroom he set him down onto the bed and climbed on top of him, cupping his face as he brushed the hair out of Luca's face.

"I love you, Luca." Aidan said softly, his sapphire blue eyes gazing deeply into Luca's

"No you don't." Luca said darkly as he glared up into Aidan's soft eyes. It almost broke Aidan's heart how in a second Aidan could see the love in Luca's eyes seemed to be gone entirely, leaving nothing but the same empty, dark, broken eyes that he remembered the night he attacked him all those years ago. "When I needed you... When I needed you to kiss me and hold me and tell me it was all going to be okay, you left me alone."