Chapter 5

It was like any other school day at Hilldale High. The usual rush between classes, students filling the hallway, the sound of mindless chattering punctuated by the occasional slamming of a locker here and there.

But as usual, everything seemed to come to a stand-still as Aidan, Endri, and Christian made their way down the hallway towards their lockers, wearing their signature matching red-and-white varsity jackets. They were the hottest boys at school and wherever they went they attracted attention, especially Aidan.

Every girl at Hilldale would stop what they were doing to stare at Aidan and most of the guys were secretly jealous of him. He was the quintessential jock-next-door, with his messy blond hair, dreamy blue eyes, perfectly chiseled jawline and a tall muscular body. He was every Hilldale girl's wet dream and heart-wrenching nightmare, all wrapped in one gorgeous six-foot-three package.

"Hey! What's up?" Said Evan, as Aidan, Endri and Christian approached him at his locker.

"Nothing much..." Aidan replied, a clearly preoccupied look in his bright blue eyes. "You guys wanna hang after practice tonight?"

"Sure!" Said Endri, "As long as we don't have to keep stalking your boytoy."

"Don't talk about him like that!" Aidan spat at him angrily as Endri glared at him dumbfounded.

"Listen, all I'm saying is maybe it isn't worth it. Plenty of girls here throw themselves at you whether or not you show interest." Endri explained in hushed tones so nobody else could overhear. "Besides it's not like this is the first time you've fucked someone and not bothered to know their name, why is he any different?"

"He is worth it." Aidan said sternly, opening his locker and slamming his books inside with angst. "He's different. You wouldn't understand."

"Then make me understand!" Endri exclaimed irritatedly. "Because as of right now it looks like you're driving yourself insane over some kid who wont even tell you his name.

Aidan rolled his eyes and slammed his locker shut, huffing as he stormed off to class. His friends looked at each other in concern as he left, but they knew better than to go after him. Aidan didn't often get mad, but when he did, the last place you'd want to be was in the crossfire. It never ended well.

He walked into his last class of the day, AP Government and Politics, finding it to be almost completely empty. As he walked towards his seat with a huff, he noticed there was only one other person present in the room, Arianna Russo.

Aidan had known Arianna since Kindergarten, and they were pretty close. She was one of the prettiest girls on the Hilldale Cheerleading squad, and ironically enough one of the only varsity cheerleaders whom he hadn't slept with, mostly because he'd known her for so long that it would likely be excruciatingly awkward.

Aidan put his bag down at his assigned seat and wearily walked up to her. Though they weren't identical, it was clear to see the family resemblance between Arianna and the boy. The dark and shiny hair, the copper Mediterranean skin tone , the dark and alluring eyes, they all reminded Aidan of him.

"Hey Arianna! Whats up?" He said nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, Hey Aidan! Nothing much, How are you? Ready for the quiz today?" She said with a sweet smile as she looked up from her phone. She glanced at him perplexedly, immediately noticing that the otherwise cocky and confident Aidan Taylor seemed so vulnerable and skittish in that moment; which was entirely out of the ordinary

"Not bad, not bad. Meh, I looked over my notes a bit before class so hopefully it's not too bad." He said shuffling his feet awkwardly while looking down at the floor. "Um.. Actually.. I.. I met your cousin the other night." He trailed off as Arianna shot him a confused look. "The one who goes to Crenshaw?"