Chapter 17

Luca stayed silent for a second. He wanted nothing more than to tell Aidan that he loved him too; that a part of him had loved him for years, though he suppressed it deep within his psyche. That in the few weeks since they started dating he felt something that he had never felt before from any other person. Something he thought he'd never feel.

He felt comfort, warmth, and happiness. He felt his heart jump whenever Aidan was around, he felt a chill of emptiness every time he would get out of bed, leaving a void that was once filled by his warm body. He wanted to tell Aidan that he would love him back for as long as Aidan loved him.

    But at the same time he wanted to tell him that he was scared. Scared that Aidan would find someone better. Scared that Aidan might one day betray him. Scared that one of the pretty girls who threw themselves at Aidan might actually peek his interest. Scared that life would separate them, that they wouldn't work out. Scared of being that vulnerable to someone for the first time in his life, at the risk that he'd lose him or get hurt.

"I don't expect you to say it back, it's okay for you not to be ready. It's only been a few weeks." Aidan broke the awkward silence as Luca watched his Adam's apple bob nervously.

"I love you too, Aidan. And that terrifies me. I've never loved anyone the way I love you, and I'm fucking terrified. Terrified of getting hurt, betrayed, cast aside. Terrified of how different I am with you, how I cast all my inhibitions and fears aside because you make me feel so comfortable. I'm scared to be comfortable, Aidan." Luca sobbed as the words came pouring out of his mouth. "I'm the way I am because I'm so scared of failure, scared of shit hitting the fan and all hell breaking loose! But with you I'm different, I feel free, I take more risks, and I'm scared!"

    Aidan had a smile on his face through all of Luca's little outburst, he pulled the boy into his strong chest and held him close. He loved how small and vulnerable he felt in his arms, like a gentle flower that needed to be protected at all costs; though in emotionally he knew Luca was probably stronger than he was. Aidan peppered the top of Luca's dark hair with kisses as the boy continued to sob into his arms.

"This is exactly what I wanted." Aidan whispered softly into Luca's silky hair.

"You wanted to make me cry?" Luca's exclaimed, his voice muffled into Aidan's chest.

"No, silly." Aidan kissed him adoringly on the forehead. "I wanted you to open up to me. To know it's okay to be vulnerable with me, because no matter how bleak things may seem, together we can get through it. Because, Luca, I am madly in love with you, and when I'm with you I feel like I can take on the world."

"I love you too, Aidan." Luca smiled softly as he pushed himself away from Aidan and tilted his head upward to kiss Aidan's lips. It was different this time, there wasn't the same pent up lust or passion, it was just love. Pure, chaste, beautiful love that permeated between their lips and straight from their hearts.

"Let's get you home." Aidan said as he sped off towards Luca's house. "And, for the record, I'd really like to have dirty hot sex with you, if you want." he said with a wink.

"I thought you'd never ask." Luca drawled seductively, his eyes darkened with lust as he cheekily palmed the bulge in Aidan's jeans.

"Luca, unless you want me to fuck you in this car, I would keep my hands to myself if I were you." Aidan whispered darkly.

"Yes, daddy." Luca said with a seductive giggle as he sat back in his seat.

"What did you just call me?" Aidan said giving him the side-eye.

"You like it when I call you daddy, daddy?" Luca teased him cruelly.. "Do you, daddy?"

"Call me daddy one more time and I'm ripping your clothes off and pounding you into the passenger seat." Aidan chuckled jokingly, staring straight ahead at the road to keep his mind focused.