Chapter 10

Aidan's eyes darted across the floor in thought as his jaw hung open. An idea popped into his head as he fished his phone out of the pocket of his joggers. He furiously opened his camera roll and scrolled to the screenshotted picture of Arianna and her cousin.

"Is this Luca?" He asked as his mom stared wearily between his crazed expression and the phone screen.

"Yes but w-" She said only to be cut off as Aidan gave her a tight hug.

"THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!" He screamed as she glared at him confusedly. "I have to go! I'll explain later!" He said with a peck on his mother's cheek as he ran off to grab his keys before sprinting out the door.

"Aidan Ryan Taylor you get your ass back in here! I made this Din- oh forget it.." She yelled angrily, but he was already long gone.

Aidan ran to his car with a grin on his face, sitting down and cranking the engine as he scrolled through his phone to the contact listed only with a heart emoji and dialled it. Come on Pick up pick up pick up!

"Hello? Who is this?" Aidan's heart fluttered as he heard the boy, Luca's soft yet cold voice coming through his phone speaker. Aidan could hear the chattering of other people in the background, instantly knowing Luca wasn't alone.

"H-hey... It's me..." Aidan said shakily as he could feel his heart beating through his chest. Aidan was always so confident when it came to picking up girls, it was one of his best qualities, but something about Luca turned him into a stammering mess.

"Well if I knew who you were I wouldn't have asked." Luca spat sassily through the phone. "YOU KNOW WHAT I REALLY don't have time for.."

"NO! NO Don't hang up!" Aidan cut him off before he could hang up. "It's me, Aidan... Um..."

"Oh... Hey..." Luca's voice got noticeably softer than before. "Wait how the hell did you get my number?!" He asked with an accusatory tone in his voice.

"I may have asked Arianna..." Aidan asked softly.

"Dio Santo, (Good God,) that girl needs to grow a fucking backbone..." Luca groaned, shaking his head in disbelief.  "Guess I can't fault you for being resourceful... I mean you could always have just asked for my number like a fucking normal person..." Luca trailed off teasingly.

"Would you have given it to me?" Aidan asked curiously.

"No. Good point. Anyway, why are you calling? And make it snappy, I've got shit to do." Luca said in is usual unamused tone, which unnerved Aidan at times.

"I want to see you, are you free right now?" Aidan asked hopefully, as Luca stayed silent for a second.

"Yeah..." Luca replied after a slight pause. "I'm at Giovanni's. My shift is ending soon, text me when you get here and I'll meet you outside."

Aidan had a smile on his face the entire drive to the restaurant. He was finally going to get his chance to truly be happy, and if he was to believe the feeling he felt deep in his gut, he was going to be with the person who would make him feel complete for the first time. Together, forever.

He pulled up to the restaurant and parked his car. His head giddy with excitement as his heart fluttered at the thought of seeing him, Luca. In the distance, veiled by the darkness of night he saw him, on his phone by the side entrance of the restaurant wearing a black button down and black skinny jeans. Damn he looks good in black, thought Aidan to himself, smirking at the boy as the dim street light caught his raven black hair, giving it a light lustrous shine.

Aidan stepped out of the car and walked up to him, as what little confidence he had built up eventually seemed to whither away once again. He never felt this helpless and tongue-tied in front of anyone he had ever tried to get with before, but then again it this wasn't just any other hookup for him. He stood next to Luca silently for a second as the smaller boy clearly was still engrossed in whatever was on his phone screen.