Chapter 7

T/W: Homophobic and misogynistic language and references to violence

Aidan jumped slightly at the word that had just come out of Luca's mouth. He stared at him wide eyed as he felt his mouth dry up and his heart pounding through his chest. "What?" Aidan whispered confusedly as the boy in front of him smirked menacingly with his hand placed on his hip.

"You don't remember do you?" Luca said with an ironic chuckle. "Of course you wouldn't. Why would you?" Said Luca with a dark cynical tone that was starting to make Aidan the slightest bit unsettled. "Well, well, well, Aidan Taylor, looks like it's storytime." He said with an angry hurt look on his face.

"Once upon a time, about two years ago there was a popular, smart, pretty, cheerleader called-" Luca caught himself before he accidentally said his own name, letting out an evil snicker. "You should see the look your face, you really thought I'd say it, didn't you... you silly, silly little boy." Luca laughed almost teasingly as he lightly slapped Aidan's cheek.

"Anyway where was I? OH YEAH! So one day, said cheerleader stayed back late after practice to clean up because nobody else could. Now the poor little cheerleader was just minding his own business when suddenly, three big bad football players from the enemy school showed up." Aidan stared at Luca as he told the story, his breath becoming more and more labored as the repressed memories started coming back to him.

"They came up to the wretched cheerleader and pushed him to the ground, calling him a..." Luca stopped to glare at Aidan who looked visibly uncomfortable as he shot Luca a pleading look. "What did they call him again? It's been a while so sometimes the details escape me.. OH YES. I REMEMBER. a 'dirty little cocksucking faggot', really creative by the way, I've NEVER gotten that one before." he said sarcastically with a smirk as he continued recounting the story while pacing back and forth menacingly in front of Aidan.

"They dragged the poor little sobbing cheerleader under the bleachers, and as the two younger football players held the cheerleader down, the other older red-headed one kicked him, punched him, kneed him..." He said as he glared pointedly back towards Aidan.

"NO! STOP PLEASE!" Aidan said as he held his hand over Luca's mouth. "Please... no more..." he said pleadingly, as the tears began to pool in his sapphire blue eyes.

"That's EXACTLY what I said! But they didn't stop, did they? So neither will I." Luca said with a dry sarcastic laugh. "Ooohoho the IRONY of it all." Luca said as the fake maniacal laugh... "It's as if you were there!" Luca continued sarcastically before leaning into Aidan's ear and whispering darkly, sending chills down the taller boy's spine. "Because you were."

"Like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted; just as the older red-head stopped his relentless punches and kicks and the foolish little cheerleader thought it was over... They switched off." He said glaring dead into Aidan's eyes, who looked as pale as a sheet. Returning to a normal fake enthusiastic tone, Luca continued. "It was the younger blond football player's turn, leaving the redhead and the younger dark haired boy to hold him down... And just as the cheerleader braced himself, the blond football player cocking his fist back to land the first punch..." Luca paused for a split second, his eyes glazed over as he took a deep breath. "...He stopped, and stared down at the pathetic little cheerleader with those cold, icy, blue eyes. And just like that, the football player and his two other accomplices left the poor cheerleader all alone to die; badly bruised, bleeding, and shivering in the icy cold night air." Luca walked up to Aidan, roughly grabbing a fistful of his soft blond hair and forced his tearful bright blue eyes to look into Luca's fiery brown ones.

"And that football player's name... was Aidan Taylor." Luca roughly let go of Aidan's hair before walking a few feet away. He felt tears pooling in his eyes for the first time since he started telling his story and he'd be damned if he let Aidan fucking Taylor see him cry ever again.