57.

COURTNEY'S POV

After a dragging day at work, I finally pull up in the driveway, parking behind Sebastian's car.

By the looks of Carmelita's car is here too which means she is back from her coffee session with Ronaldo.

I thought she would not be back yet but I guess things take time to rekindle their relationship.

Stepping inside the house, I see my husband still in his uniform, leaning against the kitchen backdoor with a cigarette in-between his lips.

Once he sees me, he quickly takes it out of his mouth and hides it away to his side. "Courtney..." He coughs while the smoke leaves his mouth.

"I am done telling you off about your smoking habits. I thought you were done smoking but clearly not if it's happening behind my back." I mutter as I drop my bag on the couch and take off my heels.

Sebastian use to smoke when I met him but once I got pregnant, he obviously had to stop but then Carmelita disappeared. He was under so much stress, going through long extents of looking for her and that made him start smoking again.

Despite her being back, Sebastian seems to be smoking on and off and it's always behind my back.

Sitting down on the couch, he continues to smoke despite me reprimanding him. "What? I can't waste it. I just started it." He shrugs, making me roll my eyes.

"Where is Carmelita?" I ask zealously.

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" He says absurdly and I am taken back by his attitude.

"What's up with you Sebastian?" I murmur.

"Ask your lovely daughter." He spits before he takes another drag from his cigarette.

With that being said, I rush towards her room, knowing that something bad must have happened.

I try turning her bedroom door handle but it is locked. Instead, I try knocking on her door.

"Carmelita. Will you open up for me? I just want to see if you are fine." I tell her but there is still no answer from her.

Waiting a good minute in complete silence, I trudge towards the kitchen to demand answers from Sebastian.

"Sebastian! What did you do?!" I yell at him but he is not fazed by my outburst as he is too busy smoking.

Grabbing the stick out of his mouth, he is in complete shock by my actions. "Qué hiciste, Sebastian!? – What did you do?!" I continue to yell at him, agitated by what he has done to Carmelita.

"You are asking the wrong person. Ask Carmelita what she did! Fuckiñg disrespect me in my fųcking house! If she is going to carry on like that, I want her out of my house!" He finally answers, almost screaming at me.

"You know what she said? She told me 'fųck you' after telling her only the truth about her stupid ex-husband! Can you believe she actually calls the man in rehab! She lied to us!"

And I lost it.

"Carmelita is struggling to get over a lot of shiţ but you still want to be right and gloat about her mistakes! Stop sticking you damn nose in her business if she doesn't want to fuçking talk about it! This why she does not confide in anybody because all they have to say is negative things! Now she doesn't want to come out of her bedroom because she is upset! Sebastian, she is fuckiņg fragile at this moment and your mouth is getting you into trouble! I am sick and tired always hearing you are insulting Carmelita! Our own fuckíng daughter we made and raised together!" I shout at him profusely then exhale deeply after that rant.