29.

How I have been waiting for this chapter to come! Enjoy it! :)

》》》

CARMELITA'S POV

Today too many memories have been brought up. Mostly the good ones because of the scrapbook that I have received as a present from my friends.

I like it, trust me but now that I page through it properly, observing each picture carefully, it all comes back to me like a ton of bricks.

Most of the pictures in the book is picture of Zayn and I and here I sit on the windowsill, tears brimming in my eyes as I look through it.

I miss it all. The cute pictures of us being so in love, fun outings and dates.

But the question is, were they really real? All the things we done together and the love we shared together?

From yesterday's events - clearly not.

My phone vibrates next to me and when I see the person's name, my breathing becomes hitched my throat.

Even though I don't want to admit it, I have been waiting all day for this text from him.

'Happy birthday Carmelita. I hope the others made your day special as I would have made.'

A tear runs down my face and I quickly wipe it away. On the inside, I want to text him back but I couldn't.

I can't show him that I have forgiven him for what he has done to me. I don't care if it's rude not replying a simple 'thank you' but he should know I don't want to talk or even be one inch near him.

Ignoring it, a knock on the door interrupts me. "Come in!" I call out and the door opens to reveal Sophia.

"Hey. Can I come in?" She asks quietly and I gesture her to step right in. When she comes inside, she immediately sits down on the windowsill next me.

"You know everyone is just being concerned about you, so they have sent me to check up on you." Sophia mutters making me snort.

"Of course and I appreciate it but I will be fine like I always be." I smile sheepishly at her but she doesn't seemed convinced one bit.

"Can I admit something? Last night Liam and I spoke about not giving you this gift because it might make you a bit upset and I want to ask, has it in any way?"

"Not really but it has made me think, all these good memories Zayn and I have shared, were they really true?"

Sophia is taken away from my question as she pierces her lips together momentarily, trying to father up an answer.

"Carmelita, I am sure it was all real." She says reassuringly.

That's what I am trying to convince myself Sophia.

"I really hope so." As I reach the end of the book, there is a stuck envelope on the back. Frowning, I open it to find a letter and I begin to read it.

'My dearest Lita

Look who has finally joined the twenties! I am pretty sure you are stoked about it because I know you hate being the only teenager in the whole group. I hope that your birthday has been nothing but great, filled with love, laughter, joy and more memories to add to this book.

I have seen you grown throughout these four years and it's been life-changing for me and I am sure you as well. You have become independent, strong, more beautiful, loving, a team-player and there is so much more.