53.

CARMELITA'S POV

"Hold on. What do you mean you don't know if you made the right decision about coming home? Carmelita, do you hear yourself?!" Liam asks confused.

"Liam. I know it sounds crazy. It's all that I ever wanted but with the way things are carrying on right now, it makes me feel so unwelcomed." I mutter to him.

The elevator doors open up in the basement and I walk towards my car to grab my pack of cigarettes to relax myself after the unnecessary outburst.

"I mean, right now I am in a restaurant and my best friend's mom and my father are fighting over me because she knew about my relationship with Zayn and did not tell anyone about it. It's so fuckíng frustrating how they have such an issue about it! I have been one fućking day in Miami and this is how welcomed I feel!"

"They just don't understand and what you decided to do for four years, they just don't feel comfortable so there is obviously going to be commotion about it." He explains to me.

"Exactly! It was my decision to leave home to be with Zayn! I know that I shot myself in the foot because of him but that was my own fault. No one else's. The only person who really understands is my mom. Everyone else is not being understanding of my situation. They have a tendency of rubbing it in my fuckíng face!" I exclaim angrily to him.

Opening my car, I reach for the pack of my cigarettes as I sit down in the driver's seat. Lighting the stick that is in between my lips, I deeply inhale to calm myself down after the escapade that happened moments ago.

"Carmelita, just give them a chance. I am sure they are all worked up and worried about you. That's all. Don't go off at them because you know how that's going to turn out." He explains quietly.

"I just wish that they would just become more welcoming and understanding of my situation. I missed them all so much but they really need to just cut some slack for me. Anyway, how are things on your side?" I ask as I flicker the ash onto the ground beneath me.

"Everything is fine. All of us are on a flight out tomorrow, heading back to our home towns." He mutters.

"Are you excited?"

"Yeah. I really am. I just want to go home and just start my life over with my family and friends. I had enough of this place." I hear him sigh heavily.

"You okay? You sound a little down, my friend." I ask him sincerely.

Ever since Sophia left, Liam has not been his true self. I know he is struggling coming to terms with Sophia leaving him for her actual boyfriend, especially when he does still love her.

Knowing Liam as person who I can always turn to when I need someone, he will find someone else to love.

"Just tired. You know how Timothy carries on when he is here." He laughs half-heartedly, trying to hide the truth from me.

I don't want to push him because I don't want to aggravate him. When he is ready he will confide in me.

"That's true. I miss that child so much." I murmur sadly as I watch my dad walk towards my car.

Probably to talk shít about me.

"Liam, I'll call you guys later. I have to go." I tell him just as my father is about to approach me.

"Sure babe. Chat later. Love you girl."

Deliberately, I take one more puff from my cigarette before I throw it on the floor before stepping on it. My dad just looks at me seriously, wanting to tell me off about my smoking but he instead says something else.