49.

Thank you to my girl gloriousDayz for your advice! Just reading your comment, helped me tremendously. Also thank you for being a loyal reader already from my first book! Much love to you girly <3

* * *

CARMELITA'S POV

Walking away from a person you love from the bottom of your heart, is not the easiest thing to do.

Especially if you share a strong bond with them.

And right now, I had to walk away from Zayn because check-in time is over and I had to leave him to start his road to recovery all by himself.

But here I still remain standing before him, unable to walk towards the exit as my feet feels glued to terrain I stand on.

"I will be fine. I promise." Zayn says reassuringly, gesturing me to follow Wendy.

If I leave right now, I will never see him again.

"Don't worry about me. Just worry about yourself." He urges me, wanting me to leave.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my shoulder who happens to be Wendy. "Mrs Malik. Mr Malik will be fine like he said. I know it's hard for you but you have to make peace with it. It's only going to hold him back when you know he needs the help." Wendy explains to me quietly to me, so that Zayn doesn't hear.

Nodding, I finally walk with Wendy who still has her arm around my shoulder, leaving Zayn behind. I don't look back because if I do, I know that it's only going to make it harder for the both of us.

"You are not the only one who doesn't want to leave their loved ones behind but after two weeks you will be able to call and three months will fly by." She says as we walk back to the entrance of the centre.

If you only knew that he doesn't want any contact with me.

"If you have any inquires, don't hesitate to call."

Nodding, she once again smiles at me sadly before she walks off to return to her desk.

Taking a deep breath in to calm myself down, I walk as fast as possible out the centre before I can't leave this place at all and before I start crying again.

Finally, I reach the car where Sophia is busy talking on the phone with someone but once I get inside, she mumbles that she will call back later.

"You okay?" Sophia whispers with her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. I am fine." I brush off as I try to put the keys the ignition but I struggle getting it in until it finally falls onto the floor.

And it's enough to make me finally break down the wall of emotions that I have been holding up for too long.

Grabbing onto the steering wheel, my head rests against it as I sob in agony.

After what Zayn has done to me, I should be happy that he is finally out of my life for once and all but it doesn't seem that way because here I am, sobbing and wishing this is one bad dream.

"Carmelita..." Sophia whispers before climbs into the passenger seat in front, hugging me in comfort.

"It's going to be okay. It's for the best." She says to me but I just shake my head, still unable to say a word.

That's what I heard over and over today that it makes me so fućking sick.

"After what he did Carmelita, this should be a huge relief. Things are only going to get better for you. You just need to see it like everyone else does."