51.

I promise I have not forgotten about you guys. A series of unfortunate events has occurred in these past few weeks but now things are back on track.

So enjoy this chapter and I promise there is another one coming up next week.

But before we start this chapter, can we please just discuss Zayn’s song ‘Dusk till Dawn’ AND Demi Lovato’s new Album? IT SINGS TO MY SOUL 🔥😍🙌

》》》

COUTNEY’S POV

“Am I the only one who is getting cold?” I ask my husband who is already in bed while I change my short-sleeved t-shirt to a long one.

“We live in one of the hottest states and you are getting cold but what is new? You always seem to get cold.” He mutters as I slide next to him in the bed.

“But don’t forget I am here to keep you warm as well, mi amor.” He chuckles as he wraps his arms around me tightly momentarily.

“Please!” I laugh out loud, shoving him playfully away from me.

“What? Are you too old or are you too shy?” Sebastian asks me with a smirk on his face.

“Neither.” I lie to him, making him chuckle.

“Courtney, you have always been a bad liar but it’s okay. At least I know you will never deceive me.” A smile tugs on his lips and this time, I roll my eyes.

“Aren’t you lucky?” I say sweetly to him.

“I definitely am. I have a beautiful wife, an artistic son and our daughter who has finally come back home.” He points out to me. “I am so glad she is finally back and I told you I saw her back in Los Angles but you did not believe me.”

“Yeah. I remember but now she is here in our presence. How both of us doubted she would ever come back, whether she is dead or not over the past four years is now over. She looks well but her attitude; I am no big fan of.” I mutter against his chest.

“I can tell you that she definitely got that bad attitude from that Malik guy that was her fake husband. Oh my god, Courtney! That man she so-called loved and ran away from home for him?! Please!” He says angrily.

“What about him?”

On drųgs! He got arrested for dŕug possession and he was so lucky that he just made the limit otherwise he would have been sent to jail but seriously, did I raise our daughter to be with a druģ addict!? Absolutely not! Not only that, you can see he is very hot-headed and dominant! The way he spoke to me and to her, very disrespectful despite the fact that she did take a few hours to bail him out.” My husband explains unimpressed to me.

“Now she doesn’t want talk about him to us because she knows that we would both disapprove of him and lecturing her that she was so stupid to ever to go off with him, thinking it would ‘better’ for her.” He laughs to himself.

I am not taking no one’s side but I am sure it’s hard for Carmelita because she had to leave him behind after spending such a long time with him. From what I hear about him, he was up to no good and could have been a bad influence on Carmelita but it is best if I hear Carmelita’s side of the story.

But, I will admit that she is definitely better off without him.

“I know but just give her time Sebastian. It’s not easy for her since she still does love him and she did have to leave him behind. We can’t criticise her mistakes because she has to learn from them. All of us must not gloat about her mistakes and her relationship but just be supportive and guide her in the right direction.” I murmur to him.