Alternate Reality

Start from the beginning

Izzy smiled to herself, she might not be able to talk to Alec about Katherine but she knew  that he loved Katherine, just as much as she loved him.

~*~*~*~*~*

''I owe you a life debt.....and I don't like being indebted to anyone.'' Meliorn told Clary as they all had walked over to the outskirts of seelie land. Katherine walking besides Jace as Clary and the seelie walked in front of them.

Meliorn had told them that he could open a portal to an alternate dimension , sparking curiosity in Katherine . ''What would happen if-'' ''If the Seelie queen finds out that I shared this with you?'' Meliorn looked at them '' I could be executed.''

Jace looked at him in amusement ''Well, we will be extra careful then.'' Katherine  nodded her head along ''Very careful.'' ''There is no we in this scenario.'' Meliorn looked amused and Katherine glared at him, causing him to smirk at her ''Only Clary goes in to find the Portal.My debt is to her.''

''Yeah? And then what? You somehow find a way to torture her?'' Katherine scoffed at him.Jace gave a nod in her direction ''Basically, what she's trying to say is that you give us no reason to trust you, Seelie.'' Meliorn tilted his head a bit and gave them both a look. ''He brought us here.'' Clary pointed out. Katherine gave her an annoyed look ''Are you on his side now? Jace, your effect on her's wavering.''

Clary laughed at that while Jace blinked rapidly at the older girl who on purpose didn't look at him and instead looked at the seelie who started making the portal. ''What's it like?'' curiosity again filled Katherine  ''The other dimension? Is it like this one?''.

''It is...but it isn't '' she rolled her eyes at his answer as Jace clearly stated his annoyance with the seelie's answer ''Could you be more vague?'' Katherine smacked her lips together ''Nah, I don't think he can....I mean that's got to be the height of vagueness.'' Jace snickered as Meliorn continued to make it ''It's an alternate timeline, in a sense. There Shadowhunters and demons no longer exist.''

Katherine raised her eyebrows in confusion and looked at Clary and Jace to see the same look on their faces ''What?''

''And the downworlders have conformed to the mundane way of life to avoid detection.'' ''What happened to the Shadowhunters?'' Clary asked him as Katherine gasped at his magic. ''There services no longer required because they won the war against the demons centuries ago. Once they sealed the rifts between the worlds...their culture faded away.'' he explained and Katherine absentmindedly played with her charm .

''Once you arrive in the alternate dimension you will assume the body of the Clary in that world.'' the Herondale looked at Clary ''But she'll think and feel like herself?'' Meliorn nodded his head.

''But I'll still know I am me right? I'll know I have to find the portal?'' Katherine shook her head and narrowed her eyes at the Seelie ''It's not that simple, that's not how the seelies work.'' Jace nodded his head ''There's a catch. Kate's right...with seelies there's always a catch.''

''Your alternate self could consume you if you let it.''

''Is there a way to not let it?''

Meliorn nodded his head ''Focus on the differences between that world and ours.Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one.''

Katherine gave Clary a smirk and patted Jace on the arm ''Well he's your ground, Clare. Focus on him.''

~*~*~*~*~*~

The night had fallen as Meliorn continued on making the portal and Katherine stood facing him, not really wanting to see or heat whatever the romantic duo were doing. ''You are an interesting one, Katherine Herondale.'' She looked at the seelie with raised eyebrows ''You do know who I am.''