2 The Letter 2

Zacznij od początku

The next morning flew by and soon you had a quick afternoon break from work. You spotted Lydia and Emerson strutting down the hall of the medbay. You'd seen them earlier this morning but that was hours ago. You had to get this over with and ask them. As much as you wanted to keep this private...you needed their help.

You all greeted one another.

"Sooo I need help. I don't know what to do and I'm the worst at making decisions I-...um well, just read this." You could hear the nervous tone to your voice.

Grabbing the letter from your pocket you opened it. Lydia and Emerson read at a similar pace, with the exact same excited expression they looked up at you.

"Are you kidding me y/n you have to go..." Lydia said.

"She's right, c'mon there's no debate here." Emerson nodded.

"But Im- Im so nervous guys I really don't think I can." You looked down In slight shame.

Lydia picked your head up by your chin, "Ohh you'll be fine!"

"You have us." Emerson rubbed your shoulder.

"What am I supposed to do, I- I'm gonna make a complete idiot of myself. I really am."

"No." In unison they both shook their heads

"Are you sure I should do this. I- I don't know..." you were so indecisive.

"You're doing it, you'll be happy afterwards and you know it." Lydia tried to ease your nerves.

"I haven't told you, but I've been, I've been thinking about him a lot and I'm really not sure why."

"Y/n that's even more of a reason to go then! You'll enjoy yourself and you know it. Don't get hung up on these kind of situations, who knows when you'll get an opportunity like this again?" Emerson's expression was overcome with mild elation.

"Are you sure?" You were uncertain.

"Yes." Lydia and Emerson both nodded.

"Oh my stars...o- ok. Fine." You laughed and shook your head.

Both the girls squealed quietly and reassured you that this was the right choice. Although you were still hesitant, you thought you'd give it a shot.

You carried on with your day which seemed abnormally short. When you checked your data pad it was already 0600, you let out a sharp breath, you have time. You figured might as well try to look good if you were seeing the commander.

You changed your pants and threw on a black, low cut t-shirt. That's the best you could do; screw the first order and their dress code...you wish you had something better to wear. Styling your hair, you raked a brush through it and tucked one side behind your ear. You then followed up with some eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss which had taken longer than you'd expected. You rarely wore makeup but tonight was different...you felt good about yourself which was somewhat uncommon. After spritzing yourself with a bit of floral perfume, and grabbing your nursing bag it was already time to go.

You trotted down the hallway, glaring out the glass windows that stood on each side. You thought about what'd you say, what'd you do. But all of that made your nerves escalate. You knew what was at the end of that hallway and a giant lump formed in your throat. Your knees quaked as you fixated on the metal doors in the distance. Two men you assumed were the Knights of Ren, guarded it like it was their newborn child.

"H- hi" Your voice was soft and high pitched.

"I'm here to see the Commander..."

"And what may this regard? We were not informed of any visitors." He came off extremely snarky.