Chapter 67: Threaten, Uneasy

As a concubine, speaking without the main wife’s permission, not to mention interrupting the main wife, lacking in such manners, Liu-shi should’ve reprimanded her first thing, but not only did she not, she even let out an expression like she didn’t dare to.

If these words were said by Zhang-shi, everyone would just feel she was beyond saving. But when it was Liu-shi, everyone’s gaze towards her became a bit strange. Was this because she felt threatened and changed personalities, or…….

Jing Wan’s attention rather wasn’t on Liu-shi. In her eyes, regardless how Liu-shi responds, it was all very normal. Rather, this so called Huan Niang woman, just looking at her attitude, she definitely wasn’t some mannerless person who was ignorant of etiquette. Yet she did something so unbefitting to etiquette. It can only mean that the words Liu-shi were about to say, perhaps were even more unfavorable to her. This was precisely the so called ‘comparing two harm, and choosing the lighter one’. But, what Liu-shi was about to say was merely just her name. The only way for a name to cause harm was to ‘collide with someone’s name’ or ‘a taboo name’. Jing Wan’s first thought was that her name might have collided with grandmother’s. As for this name ‘Huan Niang’, more or less was changed because of certain reasons after Liu-shi met her last night.

As for Liu-shi, whether she was able to say Huan Niang’s original name or not, it didn’t matter, her goal was accomplished all the same——–create trouble for Huan Niang.

Since it had nothing to do with her, Jing Wan shifted her eyes, and shot a glance at the somewhat dispirited Luo Jing Ying, as well as Luo Jing Qiang, who was instead much more radiant than before. The former most likely was harshly berated, and the latter more or less was about to throw off her chains, not wanting to continue living under Luo Jing Ying’s shadow anymore, gradually blossoming her own charm.

Jing Wan didn’t know that in moment she shifted her line of sight, Huan Niang instead quietly measured her up. The person that old madam doted on the most among the younger generation. That level of bearing and upbringing, as well as the calmness coming from within that could only be brought about from living carefreely and without worries, really does make one jealous. However, to want to establish oneself in this rear court, it was true that she couldn’t offend her. But, occasionally borrowing her hand to restrain Liu-shi could also be considered a good plan. After all, anyone with a discerning eye could tell old madam didn’t like Liu-shi. Using her hand to scheme against Liu-shi, regardless of outcome, the one losing would always be Liu-shi. However, when taking action, she must be careful. If someone were to find out that she was the one messing around, then her end will probably be countless times worst than Liu-shi’s.

Jing Wan further didn’t know that in just this short period of time, there was already someone who had laid their eyes on her. But even if she knew, she wouldn’t have cared. ‘To block soldiers with force, and to block water with earth’. Even those people with influence and power, give her some time to carefully plot, and even if she can’t stomp them into the mud, she could still let them fall on their heads. Hence, taking care of the evil monsters in this manor was even easier.

“The people of your third branch, you as the main wife, naturally can just deal with yourself, why the need to ask for this old woman’s opinion.”

“Mother is right.” Liu-shi answered like she was wronged. That look she gave old madam was just like she’d been bullied by a concubine, and not only didn’t receive the mother-in-law’s help and support, even the mother-in-law bullied her.

Even Jing Wan was also slightly shocked by her ‘punching-bag’ behavior. And as Liu-shi own daughter, Luo Jing Ying was further shocked speechless seeing her mother like this. Naturally, there was no need to mention the others.