Chapter 40: Petty, Hunting, Fire

Thinking about it, it's also a coincidence that the Head of the Cabinet Ministers Ruan Rui Zhong, Head Minister of Rites Luo Pei Shan, and Judicial Court's Head Magistrate Diwu, these three people, all belonged to the neutral faction. Among the people of the neutral faction, their statuses weren't the highest, but their official positions were. It was also because of this that among the many officials that liked flowers, the three of them were the closest.

To be able to preserve oneself during the cruel battle for the throne, this in itself was very much proof.

For Luo Pei Shan, aside from his means, there was also the factor of the position he resided in there. At the moment, he was only just struggling at the edge, but perhaps not long after he'll be forced deep into it.

Head Magistrate Diwu appeared to look like a woman, but was truly a hard nut to crack. He was an absolute pure official, only loyal to his Majesty. Towards official business, he was truly strict and ruthless, not giving anyone face. That's why, if any major case were to appear below, it was for the best if the Ministry of Justice can handle it, and by all means, don't hand it over to him. However, this kind of person will never be the sharpest blade in his Majesty's hand. Because he was just, even if it was his Majesty, to want to borrow his hands to eliminate certain people, unless there was factual evidence for the crime, then it was a no go.

And as for the Head of the Cabinet Ministers, that was truly because of his own abilities. He was capable of striking the water on both sides, yet wasn't the mediator type. He handled matters smoothly and slyly, yet was in no way soft. Even Li Hong Yuan acknowledged his abilities.

"This kind of good thing, just let Cabinet Minister Ruan have it. Let's not involve ourselves." Head Magistrate Diwu smilingly said.

Luo Pei Shan also responded with a laugh.

Because it was fake, afraid after this incident, this pot of peony will probably never be seen again. Whether it's real or fake, an expert can easily tell up close. That's why, its purpose was only an appetizing bait used to lure them, and they can't let the fish touch it. As long as the fish can come close, and let others think that the fish has already chosen a direction, then it was enough.

Ruan Rui Zhong won't let certain people get what they want, but him doing something for this 'three color peony' was certain. Clearly knowing that it was fake, but they just won't tell him. Cabinet Minister Ruan's joke was too rare to see. And with him not giving Rui Wang any benefits, but still wanting to get this peony, Rui Wang will definitely be exhausted in dealing with him. That was also pretty good amusement too.

"Fake?" Inside the neighboring private room, Li Hong Yuan, who'd entered through a secret door, softly muttered. "As expected, only Wan Wan is able to raise that kind of rare peerless breed."

In his past life, the appearance of a pot of three color peony had caused quite a sensation. Li Hong Yuan was also very clear about Rui Wang, Li Hong Ming's, purpose. His real target should be Luo Pei Shan, but Luo Pei Shan had always been indifferent. Looking at it now, it must be that on this day in his past life, Wan Wan also saw the problem, and so naturally, Luo Pei Shan didn't have any movements. And it must also be the same case with Head Magistrate Diwu who was with them. However, Sun Yi Lin did make a move. Just, everyone all thought that it was because he was someone from the Empress's faction and was enemies with Rui Wang, that's why Rui Wang wasn't able to succeed. No doubt, on this day in his past life, Sun Yi Lin wasn't here, thus didn't know the truth. Ruan Rui Zhong and Li Hong Ming were 'entangled' for a period of time, but just exactly what the results were, no one knew, because the appearance of another pot of three color peony had masked this matter over. After all, the peony Wan Wan brought out, quite a few people have all personally touched it before.