Chapter 54: Sweet Naive Idiot, Malicious Demon

Jing Wan sometimes still quite admired these people, who could put on an act anytime anywhere. Screaming that viciously, then immediately stopping, yet not at all appearing like a sorry figure, instead looking like a tear-stained beauty. Substitute in someone who didn't know the situation, even if it's a woman, would all mostly soften up towards her. It's just, facing grandmother, this kind of inner manor old lady, who has experiences through decades of wind and rain, that bit of trick really was entirely not enough.

Luo Old Madam walked to the side and sat down, "Eldest family's, what's the situation?"

Wang-shi knew that Luo Old Madam didn't censor anything from Jing Wan, thus directly spoke, "Mother, the situation is like this, Bai-shi's daily meals all come from Falling Plum Residence's little kitchen......"

Just as she finished say this, Luo Old madam tilted her head to glance at Jing Wan. And Jing Wan, sensing it, looked back in response. In that instant, Jing Wan immediately understood the meaning in Luo Old Madam's eyes, 'See, your mother is exactly this idiotic.'

Jing Wan was helpless. Her mother's purpose was actually very simple, she just wanted the pregnant Yiniang to be able to eat well. After all, without their own master's support, brazenly favoring them, then concubines were just concubines. Even if pregnant, their food couldn't possibly be better than the main wife's.

Zhang-shi had done this in the past as well, just nothing had ever happened, so she still went on as usual. It's not that the people by her side didn't warn her before, but Zhang-shi was just that sweet naive idiot, thinking that everyone in the world all had thoughts like hers. Not only promising that nothing will happen, she even said that it isn't good for the people by her own side to view others badly.

Jing Wan had been too busy in the past few days, so it wasn't good for the people of Falling Plum Residence to use this small matter to disturb her either, letting her go urge Zhang-shi. They thought, since it was only just a few days, nothing should happen. Yet, as a result, heh heh, every single one all regretted endlessly.

".......Today, Bai-shi wanted some desserts, and not long after eating them, her stomach started hurting. Very soon blood was seen, and the matter was reported to younger sister-in-law's place. Younger sister-in-law invited a familiar doctor from outside, just by the time the doctor arrived, the child was already gone. The dessert, this daughter-in-law had someone check them, and inside indeed had something unclean. The one responsible for making the dessert is second sister-in-law's first rank servant girl, La Mei, and the one who sent it over was a second rank servant girl by second sister-in-law's side, Liu'er. Liu'er personally handed the dessert over to Bai-shi's servant girl, Cai Ling. All three servant girls indicate that during the time the thing was in their hands, no one else had touched it. The ingredients La Mei used were all readily available in Falling Plum Residence. The ingredients, this daughter-in-law had already sent someone to inspect, there weren't any problems...."

In this case, the problem basically lies in these three people.

Cai Ling was a clever one, vowing that she absolutely didn't do anything. She was the only one that had followed Bai-shi into the Luo family, and was very loyal to Bai-shi. She hoped more than anyone for her own Yiniang to give birth to a child.

Liu'er usually was a bit lively, but on the things she needed to do, she wasn't the least bit careless. And after she took the desserts from La Mei and sent them to Cai Ling's hands, for the most part, she didn't see anyone along the way. After she finished saying her own part, she didn't say anything more.

La Mei wasn't a house-born servant. When she was only a few years old, she was sold into the Luo family and has been following by Zhang-shi's side ever since, starting from a small girl, to being promoted to Zhang-shi's first rank servant girl a year ago. Her personality was somewhat dull, and she was also clumsy with her words, but because she was very skilled at making desserts, so even though she wasn't in charge of matters in the kitchen, she would still frequently make desserts for Zhang-shi. After learning that something had happened to Bai-shi, she directly cried from the pressure, repeatedly saying it wasn't her that did it. And when Bai-shi was slandering Zhang-shi, she also expressed that madam wasn't that kind of person. Other than that, she was unable to say anything else.