Chapter 9: Pitfall Digging Behavior That Can Be Seen Everywhere

When Jing Wan was born, the old madam's eldest daughter had already married. Towards this eldest paternal aunt, Luo Rong Hui, she'd only seen once or twice. Because she'd married in the capital, and Jing Wan since birth had always remained in Qi'an Fu, separated by quite a distance, it wasn't that easy to visit one another.

By the time Luo Rong Hui and bunch entered, Jing Wan distinctly felt that the woman in the lead, although strongly restraining herself, still appeared staggering in her steps as she stepped through the door. "Mother!" She'd practically thrown herself before the old madam.

The old madam immediately held her in her arms, "My child, my child...."

The old madam was someone who's experienced the storms after all. Although her eyes were somewhat moist, her tears didn't fall.

When Jing Wan saw that it was about time, she went forward to console.

Perhaps because she'd cried in front a younger generation, Luo Rong Hui felt somewhat awkward, so she went with someone by the old madam's side to go wash her face and redo her makeup. When she reappeared, she was once again a dignified and graceful noble madam.

Luo Rong Hui's husband, because was busy, needed to wait until the next day off, before he can come to pay his respects to the old madam. The one that came together with her was her only daughter Yuan Qiao Qiao. And at the moment, she was currently talking with Jing Wan. Have to say, Luo Rong Hui's whole life was relatively smooth sailing, all except on the matter of heirs, that didn't go as she'd liked. After being married for four to five years, she finally became pregnant with the first child and got a daughter. Afterwards, there was no more movements. Who knows how much medicine she's eaten, and how many gods she's prayed too, the incense money given to the temples every year was always more than the previous year, but the results were still the same.

She had no choice but to take in concubines for her husband. But those concubines, although also got pregnant, all only gave birth to daughters. The numbers didn't live up to people's expectations either. Others all say she was malicious; she herself was a hen that can't lay eggs, yet didn't let others give birth either. She was truly wronged to death. Right now, at home, there was still one that was pregnant. The doctor said that eight or nine times out of ten it was a son. She was practically holding that Yiniang up on a pedestal, worshiping like an ancestor.

Luo Rong Hui pulled Jing Wan over, admired her for a while, then gave her a greeting gift. Afterwards, the old madam let Jing Wan take her older cousin to her little courtyard to play. The mother and daughter pair wanted to have a private talk. And Jing Wan was originally preparing to take her leave on her own anyways.

Outside the main courtyard, the two ran into the others. They'd probably heard that Luo Rong Hui had returned, and thus came over to greet her.

After Jing Wan greeted her third aunt, she looked to her own younger shu sister, "Shouldn't you be in class at this time, how come you're here?"

Luo Jing You was the opposite of her full younger sister. She was much more taciturn. Being caught skipping class by her di older sister, her face turned red, and she stammered, not knowing how to explain, "Third big sister, I, I...."

"Third big sister, fourth big sister said, eldest paternal aunt returned. We, as the younger generation, should come pay our respects." Luo Jing Wei looked to Jing Wan, her little face carrying a bright and beautiful innocence. It was unknown whether she was just telling the truth as it is, or had other intentions.

Jing Wan faintly nodded her head. Sure came rather quickly, "Go back to class. Right now, grandmother and paternal aunt are currently talking, don't go disturb them. If you want to come, come again a little later. Second paternal aunt and third paternal aunt will probably come back too. It's fine to just come at a later time to pay your respects."