Chapter 4: Rushing to Die?

There was already a doctor waiting inside the Luo Manor, thus the doctor came very quickly.

Because he was a white haired old doctor, there was no need to avoid gossip.

Separated by a handkerchief, the old doctor carefully checked Jing Wan's pulse. Because the old madam had already sent someone to inform him to come check third miss's pulse at a later time, and knowing that Jing Wan was favored, he naturally didn't dare to slight her in the least.

"Third miss's foundation is very good. Her body doesn't have any major problems. Just need to recuperate for a bit." Actually, towards Jing Wan's body's degree of healthiness, the old doctor was very much amazed. Even though she looked thin right now, she was still sturdier than most young ladies.

Hearing this, Zhang-shi was finally at ease.

Afterwards, under the watchful eyes of everyone, Bai Yiniang[1] forced herself to extend her hand to let the doctor check her pulse. From an outsider's perspective, Jing Wan making the old doctor check Bai Yiniang's pulse can be considered a great honor. After all, this old doctor had came from the imperial physicians court. Don't say a Yiniang, even those proper masters that don't have any status or position in this manor aren't even able to move him. If she dared to say even half a word of refusal, she'll be considered ungrateful.

Since she couldn't hide it anymore, then she could only calmly confront it. After all, she herself wasn't very sure either. Her period wasn't very accurate, so it was also good to check, so as to avoid being scared and on edge all the time. "I've troubled you."

Once the old doctor pinpointed the vein, it was pretty much certain. However this kind of thing, there must not be the slightest mistake. He changed his hand, then stroked his bread. "Congratulations second master, second madam, this Yiniang is pregnant. About a month and a half."

Zhang-shi blanked, then immediately after, smiled, "This is really a happy occasion. Our second branch hasn't had an addition to the family in many years. This might even be a white and chubby little guy. In a bit, I'll inform mother of this happy matter, let her also be happy.

Shortly after, she let the head mama send off the old doctor.

Luo Rong Yan was somewhat surprised. There was joy, but not much. After all, he already had five children. Compared to his close friend's family, who didn't have any children even after praying to all the gods and buddhas, seeking out all the doctors, and eating all kinds of home remedy, he was definitely considered to be plentiful in children. However, people all say, more children more happiness. Luo Rong Yan softened a bit towards Bai Yiniang, "Since you're pregnant, properly take care."

"Yes." Bai Yiniang, seeing Luo Rong Yan's attitude, distinctly became a bit bashful, her happiness even more evident. It was very difficult to not be moved by this handsome in appearance and elegantly graceful man. Originally, she was just an unfavored shu[2] daughter. Towards her own husband, she'd long not held any hopes for. When that maternal uncle in name gave her away, her heart had practically turned to ashes. However, after meeting the Luo family's second master, she suddenly felt that the heavens still took pity on her. She'd thought of every way possible to get pregnant with this child. As expected, it was right to do so.

Ji Yiniang loathingly gritted her teeth. All these years, she'd always wanted to get pregnant again, wanting to have a son, but it was a shame there wasn't any movements. Her body was clearly very healthy, but she just couldn't get pregnant. And now, this whore actually got pregnant first. Looking again to see their very indifferent master being a bit more caring towards this whore, her heart nearly died from jealousy.

Bai Yiniang suddenly glanced at the silent Jing Wan, who had her eyes lowered, and for some unknown reason, she suddenly opened her mouth, "Really have to thank third miss for today. Else, this concubine wouldn't even have known. If by chance master's child was accidentally injured, then this concubine really wouldn't be able to atone even in death. Wonder whether third miss likes a younger brother or a younger sister? Before, one has always heard that third miss is a good elder sister." Now, she no longer hid her movements and caressed her stomach. Her gaze towards Jing Wan carried a traced of provocation.