Chapter 27: To Present a Dance, Enraged

As a matter of fact, they really did think too much. Li Hong Yuan's reason for coming to the Ding Duke Manor was purely because the person he wanted to see was here. Being scolded by his imperial father, to him, couldn't even compare with the wind passing by the ear. How could he feel frustrated because of this? As for the other unexpected situations after he came, it was nothing more than just taking advantage of the situation. As for Sun Yi Lin, seeing how he'd helped out Jing Wan and seeing how in the future he really will become a pillar of the country, Li Hong Yuan truly didn't think about making things difficult for him.

Again receiving comforting words from his own younger sister and older cousin, Kang Wang, Sun Yi Ling laughed. He really didn't mind. "That's right, mother, we should properly clean up our manor once. I'd only just said a few words to someone and haven't even gone far after leaving, and Li Ru Yu already came to bother them. Just who told her? If the people in the manor are able to be easily bribed by her, then they can be bribed by the people outside too. This way, as long as there was any wind blowing or grassing moving in our manor, wouldn't it be immediately known by all."

Ding Duchess's expression grew grave, "Don't worry my son, this kind of thing won't happen again." If it wasn't for Li Ru Yu making a huge scene, even if Jin Wang came, perhaps it wouldn't have drawn his attention either. Can't afford to provoke Jing Wang, unable to sort out Li Ru Yu, but dealing with those traitorous things in the manor, wouldn't it just be as easy as stepping on an ant?

The guests that came to the Ding Duke Manor, including those that didn't go see the 'fun' previously, all gathered together. The men and women seated separately. The male side didn't have many people, but were all they type that got repeatedly peeked at.

No matter if it was those unmarried ladies, or their elders, there weren't many whose thoughts weren't complicated.

Whether they were feeling excited and nervous, because they knew what their own qualifications were. And under normal circumstances, they definitely didn't have a chance to become Sun Yi Lin's di wife. But now with Jin Wang interfering, even the most impossible person had a rather huge possibility. If they could marry that kind of person, then they can obtain at once what countless women all wanted in their lifetime--high status, great wealth, and an outstanding husband.

Or feeling at a loss and wronged, because they originally had a chance, but now it seemed uncertain. However, they were also very much unwilling to just give up like this either. But to perform in public under the eyes of numerous people, to them, was practically just demeaning, what difference was it from humiliation?

Or feeling nervous and afraid. What if they get eyed by Jin Wang? If it was a girl of a lower status family, no matter how terrible Jin Wang's reputation was, if they get fancied by him, it was still climbing on a high branch. Moreover, that face of his was just too handsome. Noble young ladies were very easily lovestruck by him. The premise being he was willing to give them a status. However, up until now, there isn't a single women of status in the Jin Wang Manor, not even a mere concubine, regardless of birth.

Because of various reasons, no one took the initiative to start displaying their talents.

Li Hong Yuan wasn't in a hurry either. He picked up a piece of pastry, took a bite, and then threw the rest in his hand back. And the bit in his mouth, he directly picked up the teacup and spat it in the cup. Although he didn't have a displeased expression, that behavior was already more than enough to show his dislike.

With Li Hong Yuan disliking it like that, the people of Ding Duke Manor naturally hurriedly called for someone to change the tea and desserts. Originally, they debated whether or not they should set out more than ten or twenty some different desserts to let him have the room to choose from. But that way, it would be too unsightly. The servants set out five to six different kinds of desserts, while trembling in fear. There was also some spare ones in the back. If the situation 'wasn't good', then immediately switch out. However, Li Hong Yuan didn't nitpick again, his hands didn't even move once. That's right, in their eyes, he was precisely nitpicking, no one assumed that he genuinely just didn't like it.