Chapter 2: Having such a Mother, A Certain Someone

Afterwards, the people welcoming at the door finally bowed. Because it wasn't a day off, Jing Wan's grandfather and eldest uncle were busy working at the magistrate's office. Of course, even if grandfather was home, he wouldn't have come out to welcome them. At a rough glance, the first branch, second branch, and third branch people were probably all gathered here, in addition to the servants, a dense mass of people. Jing Wan felt dizzy just looking at them. After that, there was also the fourth branch's entire family that entered the capital together with them. Heh, heh, it's going to be lively in the following days.

Jing Wan greeted her elders. Seeing these people all with smiles on their faces, but in fact, quite a few must be pretty upset inside, especially the same generation tang[1] sisters. Because of her, they'd spent at least half a month more time on this trip. One can see just how favored she was before the old madam. One has to know, fourth uncle's youngest son, the old madam's youngest blood related di[2] grandson that had been under her watch since birth wasn't as favored as she was either.

In this family, aside from grandfather, Luo Pei Shan, old madam's position was the highest. It goes without saying what it means to be doted on by her, especially when quite a few amongst the grandchildren's generation were nearly ready for talks of marriage.

Jing Wan looked to her parents that she haven't seen in three years. They were more or less the same as three years ago. Her father, Luo Rong Yan, still had a calm and indifferent look. As for her mother, Zhang-shi[3], she was still delicately beautiful and untainted by the everyday affairs. Truthfully speaking, this pair of husband and wife really did seem very well matched. Both were the type of people that regarded wealth as dirt and pursued a dissipated life. To be able to be like this for a whole lifetime was also quite a blessing. It's just, their children will have to work hard. She naturally was indifferent, but as for the others, well wasn't there still elder brother at the top.

Looking to her mother who was about to cry because of her sickly appearance, Jing Wan could only smile to appease her.

"Mother, the trip has been rough, let's go in and rest first. As for the other matters, we can talk slowly later, alright?" She spoke as she went forward.

Jing Wan's eyes met with Luo Rong Yan's, reaching a tacit understanding between father and daughter, and consciously retreated a step back.

The old madam, seeing her second daughter-in-law like that, was also helpless. She also missed her sons and grandchildren too, so it was good to let them, the mother and daughter pair, have a talk first. Thus she pulled her second son's hand, "Wan Wan, go back first with your mother. No need to come over. Come again at nighttime to pay your respects to your grandfather." After Jing Wan made a sound in response, the old madam headed towards the interior of the manor as she inquired about the situation in the capital. The others all tightly followed behind her.

Zhang-shi hastily stepped forward, examining Jing Wan all over and asking a series of various questions from head to toe. Holding Jing Wan's distinctly boney hands, she recalled her fair and tender daughter from back when she left Qi'an Fu three years ago and could no longer hold back anymore. Her tears rolled down like falling pearls.

Jing Wan originally could still endure the discomfort, answering her every question with ample patience, but now......she helplessly sighed in her heart, "Mother, I'm really fine. I'll be better after a few days. Don't cry anymore, alright?" While she wipe her mother's tears for her using a handkerchief, she gave her elder brother standing to the side a meaningful look. But this idiot that had specially stayed behind for her, this little sister, instead just shrugged his shoulders at her, indicating he was unable to help no matter how much he wanted to.

However, because of this one interaction, that bit estrangement between the two siblings formed in those three years disappeared without a trace.

"Madam, don't cry anymore. If you continue crying, third miss will feel bad as well. Won't her body then feel even more worse. Don't you think this is logical? The most important thing right now is to let third miss rest first." To the side, a seemingly gentle and dignified looking woman urged in warm voice.