Chapter 38: Various Sides' Forces

Jing Wan used her handkerchief to wipe her tears for her, smiling, "Girls are all made from water, don't cry too much. Else, just like the flowers, lose too much water and you won't be pretty anymore. Occasionally crying is also fine, but you have to find the right person. You have to cry towards that person that knows to cherish you." Blinking her eyes as she said this.

Sun Yi Jia's tears turned into laughter, and she hurriedly wiped away her own tears. Because she didn't put on makeup, she wasn't worried about her makeup shedding either. It was just for a short while, so it was unlikely to redden the eyes. Sun Yi Jia very quickly returned to normal. However, compared to earlier, she appeared a lot more lively and refreshed.

This entire process, in fact, only took that bit of time. Even if the bystanders noticed, they at most would only give a few extra glances.

Sun Yi Jia greatly let out a breath, also feeling happy inside her heart.

Head Magistrate Diwu leaned closer to Luo Pei Shan, "This granddaughter of yours, not having been born as male, really such a shame."

"I'd also once felt it was a shame before, but now, I rather don't feel it's a shame anymore. She's quite nice like this too."

Sun Yi Jia suddenly became really close with Jing Wan, from the unfamiliar Miss Luo, to the intimate little sister Wan, and smiling affectionately. Probably because Jing Wan was able to see her thoughts, she believed that Jing Wan and herself actually have matching personalities. Just Jing Wan was open-minded, possessing an unexposed candidness, much stronger than herself, who would always become depressed when encountering problems. Although she called her little sister Wan, in actuality, she viewed Jing Wan like an older sister, because she could enlighten her, forming a kind of reliance that she herself didn't even realize. Thus, she was furthermore open with Jing Wan, telling her anything and everything.

Where did she still have the slightest aloof arrogance of a high peak flower!? Because the change happened too fast, Jing Wan for a moment was somewhat caught off guard. However, seeing Sun Yi Jia like this was still better than having her gradually become numb to everything.

Through their conversation, Sun Yi Jia discovered that Jing Wan was actually more knowledgable about these plants and flowers than her own fifth brother. In her eyes, it was practically unbelievable. "Little sister Wan, you're so amazing. I thought that in this area, no one is able to beat my fifth brother, even those old officials all couldn't. Who would've thought that you're even better than him, really matches that saying 'there's always someone out there that's better'."

"Big sister Jia is overpraising." Alright, this address was forced out by Sun Yi Jia. "I just read a lot of related books, and afterwards personally planted quite a few myself too, so naturally I would know these."

"I also learned quite a bit from my fifth brother, but he always disdains my clumsiness, even saying I'm defiling his things. Clearly, when it's him that's not good at teaching."

Sun Yi Lin was just to the side, you as the younger sister, such brazenly saying bad things about your older brother, is it really okay?

Sun Yi Lin also didn't know whether to cry or laugh. He didn't know there was a saying called 'also getting shot while lying down[1]'.

Luo Pei Shan originally thought that there was nothing to gain today, but while they were resting in a teahouse, he saw Qing Zhu carrying a small basket. Lifting open the handkerchief on top, inside were a few branches, and also a damaged orchid that had been deemed unable to raise back to life. He blankly stared for a moment.

Jing Wan naturally noticed his movements and smiled with other intentions, but didn't say anything.

Luo Pei Shan also, like he understood, dead earnestly pretended like nothing happened. But in actuality, his heart was itching. He didn't understand anything!