Chapter 23: Sun Yi Lin

Luo Jing Ying brightly smiled as she greeted a few other young ladies. They were all people she recognized. And intentionally or otherwise, she shunned Jing Wan out. As for Luo Jing You, even if it was just yesterday when she was stabbed a few times by this wooden person, she still didn't think much of her.

These ladies were all smart people too, thinking back to their own family's sisters, what was there to not know? However, they didn't let Luo Jing Ying get what she wanted, and started to talk to Jing Wan, slowly getting familiar. Along the way there was talking and laughing, even Luo Jing You wasn't neglected either.

"Is your family's third girl betrothed to a family?" Waiting until they'd walked out of the courtyard, Sun Old Madam very abruptly opened her mouth and asked.

"When we were at Qi'an Fu, I'd been mutually exchanging letters with relatives. That third brother of mine, a while earlier, had mentioned his eldest grandson's marriage, and I had the intention to have third girl marry him. A few days ago, he'd entered the capital to take the imperial examination, currently residing in my elder brother's home. Yesterday I also saw him, he's a good kid. I was just planning to inform third brother and have their marriage set, then have them get married in two years." Luo Old Madam said.

"Then that's really a shame. I was just thinking, if your family's third girl still haven't got anyone, she can be matched with our family's Lin boy."

Hearing her words, the other two old madams to the side both couldn't help letting out an unusual expression.

Sun Yi Lin was the Ding Duke's fifth son, and the third son born from the Ding Duchess. He was Sun Yi Jia's older brother, age 17. Not only did he have a handsome appearance, but his talents further made him rank as one of the four top scholars in the capital. And of the four, his age was the smallest. And that's not all, this person's moral conduct was also the best of the best. To this day, he's kept himself clean, not having any tongfangs. Even his Majesty, who had a vague attitude towards the Sun family, also genuinely liked him. From time to time, he would even summon him into the palace to play chess. And every time, he'd never returned empty-handed.

This kind of person, even if he won't inherit the Ding Duke Manor, in the future, his prospects were still limitless. How many noble young ladies secretly held affections towards him? Not to mention those that want to cling to the Ding Duke Manor, Sun Yi Lin was practically a savory fat piece of meat.

However, precisely because he was too outstanding, his conditions too good, the average family simply didn't dare to open their mouth to recommend someone from their family. For instance, the two old madams that were also sitting there. Their relationship with Sun Old Madam was very good, but they were also consciously aware that their own family's granddaughter wasn't worthy of Sun Yi Lin. Thus even if they really wanted to, they still restrained themselves and didn't mention it to Sun Old Madam. Sun Old Madam mentioning on her own accord, this was definitely the first time.

She should be joking right? Though fortunately Luo Old Madam refused too. Else, who knows how many people will vomit to death. If even this kind of young lady, who didn't have a prominent father and wasn't very outstanding herself either, was able to receive Sun Old Madam's attention, then what about those outstanding daughters and granddaughters of their own family?

Both old madams' heart somewhat stirred. Perhaps this old sister's requirements for Lin boy's bride wasn't that high?

In their eyes, Luo Old Madam only refused so straightforwardly because she didn't understand Sun Yi Lin's situation. Otherwise, even if her granddaughter was engaged, she would secretly cancel it too. Friendship admittedly was important, yet sometimes it was a joke.