Chapter 61: Once again playing dirty tricks behind the back

Liu-shi’s nails nearly sank into her flesh. The third branch didn’t have much money. She had been living her days frugally, yet Luo Rong Ping was the same as a great majority of men, wasting money left and right. And now he also wanted to recklessly spend on a woman. Good, truly just very good! And this woman, she indeed can’t underestimate in the slightest either. In this short exchange for the first time, she’d already let her(Liu-shi) suffer a crushing defeat. For as long as Liu-shi has been alive, she’s never lost this miserably before. By all means, this woman better not fall into her hands!
Do not read my translations outside of broken jinsei site!
With Luo Rong Ping being this unrelenting, Liu-shi didn’t want to lower herself either, Retracting her smile, she put on a cold expression “Naturally whatever master says goes, however, Wan Niang? It’s still best if this name is changed. Regardless of which character it is, it’ll conflict with third girl’s name. If mother finds out, she won’t be happy. This wife bids farewell.”

Luo Rong Ping’s expression changed and had all the servants kicked out. Pulling the woman’s hands, he neither lightly nor heavily massaged her hands, “In the future, how about I call you Huan Niang?” In actuality, it really had nothing to do with Jing Wan, but Liu-shi was right. Luo Old Madam would care. Even if he didn’t like it, it still needed to be changed.
Do not read my translations outside of broken jinsei site!
“It’s merely an address, master can call me whatever you want.” Huan Niang leaned on his shoulder, “To be able to receive master’s sincere treatment, even if this concubine has to immediately die, this concubine would be willing.”

“Don’t say nonsense. Our days in the future are still long, and there’s also our child. —-I already told you before, with Liu-shi, it’s just a surface level relationship. If she does anything to you, you don’t need to yield to her. She’s a proud one, so she won’t let her own matters get leaked out. You don’t need to watch her face and live cautiously.

“Madam is the wife, this one is the concubine. Even if madam does something, that is also within reason. In the end, it’s not good to make a ruckus. Precisely the so called, ‘paper can’t wrap fire[1]‘. If by chance someone finds out, it’s not good for master’s reputation. This is something this concubine is absolutely unwilling to see. Moreover, in a way, it’s this concubine that stole master from madam, so it’s also understandable that madam is upset. That’s why, this concubine won’t clash with madam. However, won’t let myself be at a disadvantage either, so master can rest assured.”
Do not read my translations outside of broken jinsei site!
“You ah, what are you saying, what stealing, this master is just yours.” This gentle consideration like an ‘understanding flower[2]‘, Luo Rong Ping very much enjoyed.

Huan Niang delicately smiled and called out in a sweet voice, “That’s right, master, the third miss madam mentioned just now…….”

“My second brother’s di daughter. Old madam likes her a lot. Don’t go near her, she’s influenced by the old madam and doesn’t like concubines. If you make her unhappy, even I can’t save you.” Luo Rong Ping said.

Have to say, Luo Rong Ping wasn’t exactly fearful of Jing Wan. From his perspective, she was just a girl, and sooner or later, she’ll be married off anyways. Even if she suppressed his own daughter, and he was unhappy inside, he didn’t think too much of it either. On this bit, Luo Rong Ping was rather very open-minded. As for that di daughter of his always striving to go against her, he once did say a few words to her before, but afterwards he was too lazy to say anymore. However, his own concubine was different. If anything were to happen, just one word from the old madam and she can be killed off. So to avoid far far away was the best option.

In a place hidden from Luo Rong Ping, Huan Niang’s gaze flashed, “This concubine understands.”
Do not read my translations outside of broken jinsei site!
In any case, leaving aside the huge tantrum Liu-shi threw after she went back, the news that Luo Rong Ping brought someone pregnant back, for the most part, everyone in the Luo family all knew. After all, there were quite a few people present. If the third branch could insert spies into the other courtyards, then their own courtyard naturally also had other people’s spies. Gong mama was very aware of all these twists and turns, and usually heard about three parts of it. Even if she didn’t personally go ‘listen to the walls’, she was still able to guess the other seven parts. This way, Jing Wan was able to know more details than the others.