Chapter 35: Obsession, Treasure Hunting at the Flower Market

In his past life, the name breeds that Jing Wan raised weren't as many as this lifetime's. After all, Jing Wan only had a pair of discerning eyes. And some of those name breeds were sent before her by him through others. Jing Wan was fortunate, he will let her be even more fortunate. Also those books about planting flowers and trees, Record of Flowers, and even agricultural books, as long as there was the slightest connection, he would collect, new and old. Those paint material used in painting that she wanted, he would send people to search all over the country for, regardless of whether it was already being used by someone else, or hearing that certain things can be used for paintings too. The Luo family servants wanted to find. 'Painstakingly', they would always find some relating information and obtain an unexpected find. It's not that Luo Old Madam didn't have suspicions, but the results from the investigation really were just that her own granddaughter was very lucky.

In his past life, she used that small number of rare valuable breeds, as well as many high quality breeds to capture the hearts of a number of people. However, because of her age, in order to avoid arousing suspicion, only those elderly old fools, under Luo Pei Shan's permission, were allowed to directly 'curry favor' with her. Jing Wan's heart was pure, and she deeply respected the elderly. Those old fools usually didn't need to put out too much effort to have their desires fulfilled, obtaining from her hands the name breeds they wanted, and even some secret breeding methods. Those benefits, for the most part, were asked for on her behalf by Luo Pei Shan. And those people knew their place, and naturally wouldn't just take Jing Wan's things for nothing either.

During that time, Li Hong Yuan wasn't someone that liked plants and flowers, but even he heard about the incident, where a few officials in the capital, for the sake of a pot of multicolored peony, almost got into a physical fight. Clearly, it can be seen that Jing Wan was truly the gem of their heart.

This way, even if Jing Wan didn't have a father that occupied a high position, she still similarly held a high advantage in her hands. If she encountered trouble, as long as they were willing to help, then they can easily help her settle it. However, when the trouble Jing Wan came across was too big, under the imperial power, they too were powerless even if they had the heart to help. After all, no matter how valuable those name breeds were, it couldn't compare to the lives of their entire family either. Thus, they could only secretly lament. Because she knew that they had their difficulties, from the start, she'd never counted on anyone coming to help. That's why, towards their 'watching with folded arms', Jing Wan didn't resent, and just voluntarily drew the lines between them.

Li Hong Yuan closed his eyes and massaged the space between his brows. Some things he really shouldn't recall. Every time he recalled them, his emotions would go out of control and would want to immediately have all the disasters eliminated by the roots. But, it was still far from time. If it fell into chaos now, he still didn't have a way to control the overall situation, and it would destabilize Qi Yuan's foundations. This wasn't what he was willing to see. He didn't want it to be like the past life, where what fell into his hands was an unstable country, and needed for him to spend large amounts of time to govern and fix. Where would he still have the time to share happy moments with Wan Wan. The gains do not make up for the losses. As for not wanting the throne? Don't joke around, with how hated he was, no matter who ascended the throne, they will undoubtedly all want to kill him, and Wan Wan naturally wouldn't be spared either. As for giving up on Wan Wan, that was his two lifetimes' one and only desire, that was even more impossible! The throne to him wasn't even that important. After all, he'd already sat up there once before. The paramount and unmatched power, although made one think fondly of it, compared to Wan Wan it was still inferior.

"Someone come."

A beautiful servant girl silently walked in, "Master."

"Send it back."