Chapter 3: Striking You, Nothing to Consult

Jing Wan wasn't in the mood to go see her new territory. After washing her face, rinsing her mouth, removing her hair ornaments, and changing her clothes, she nestled into her bed to rest. Only after sufficiently recovering her spirit, can she efficiently deal with the things that might happen next.

After waking up from her sleep, Jing Wan's energy all returned. Her appearance also no longer appeared sickly and only looked too thin.

She drank down a bowl of sticky and thick blood swallow's nest, and then changed her clothes. Even if it wasn't a very vibrant color, Jing Wan could still firmly suppress it. She styled a simple hairstyle and inserted a pair of chong cao[1] dangling hair ornament. The craftsmanship was extremely delicate, thin like cicada wings and moved like it was flying.

Jing Wan brought her caretaker mama and Qing Zhu with her. Just by crossing through a small gate, she entered her parent's courtyard. The small courtyard she was living in right now, because it was extremely close to her parent's courtyard, was set aside for her three years ago.

Jing Wan glanced around this courtyard. It really was quite like how it's named-Falling Plum Residence. Plum trees could be seen everywhere, each with its own posture. Picking any random one, and it can be used in a painting. It's just a shame, the winter plum flowers have already withered, yet there were no spring plum flowers blooming in the courtyard, thus unable to see that beautiful scenery.

However, in Jing Wan's previous life, what she specialized in was precisely plants and flowers. Towards the commonly seen plum flowers, she only needed to look at the tree to know which breed it was. Judging by the color, red plum, yellow plum, and white plum were probably used as the main focus; there's also a few trunks of the rare green plum. For this place, these were already very hard to come by, especially the uncommon and valuable ones, truly a rare sight.

"Third miss, you've come. Master and Madam are all waiting for you." A servant girl politely lifted the hanging curtain at the entrance. Although it was the first time meeting her, that appearance appeared exceptionally warm and full of smiles.

In this life, it's been this kind of environment since birth. No matter how unused to it she was, she'd gotten used to it by now.

Jing Wan nodded and entered, neither quickly nor slowly. There were quite a few people present. Probably all the people in their second branch, aside from her elder brother, was present.

Because of her arrival, the originally chattering noises stopped, and all eyes turned towards her.

Without changing her expression, Jing Wan directly went before Luo Rong Yan and Zhang-shi and neither quickly nor slowly knelt down. Zhang-shi originally wanted to stop her, but after pausing for a moment, she sat back down again.

Jing Wan respectfully kowtowed to perform a big formal bow, "Having not served at mother and father's side in this many years is this daughter's fault. Daughter has been unfilial."

Luo Rong Yan, who originally could still endure, at this moment, could no longer sit still anymore, even going a step ahead of Zhang-shi in helping Jing Wan up. "My child attending to the old madam, is equivalent to fulfilling the filial duty in place of your father and mother, where does 'unfilial' come from? The old madam also said, in these years, her body has been getting healthier and healthier year after year. My child's contributions cannot go unnoticed." Although they were father and daughter, Jing Wan was already this big, so after Luo Rong Yan helped her up, he naturally released his hands. It's just, seeing this slender and elegant eldest daughter, his heart rather sighed in regret. It was as if it was just yesterday when he was still playing with her and teasing her.

"Isn't being filial to grandmother what is one supposed to do? How can it be evaluated as a merit? Rather, how has father and mother been these years?"