Chapter 20: Fortunate Person

During the time before the afternoon meal, Luo Old Madam called Chen Zheng Min before her. Since she already had the intentions, then she might as well be decisive. She calmly asked him some questions. Because, for the most part, she was still just inquiring about her own third younger brother's situation and getting a feel for Chen Zheng Min in passing, even Jing Wan, who was quietly sitting next to her, didn't detect anything fishy either. And as for the one getting asked, he furthermore wasn't aware.

Because he'd more than once heard his grandmother mention this great aunt before, he knew that their relationship was good. Sadly, after this great aunt had married, they'd rarely ever met, especially in these last ten years. Because of this, he politely and respectfully replied to every one of Luo Old Madam's questions. It can be said, he hid nothing he knew, and didn't stop till he said it all in full detail.

Luo Old Madam felt somewhat sentimental again, "Don't know if I will still have the chance to meet them in this life."

"Grandfather said, he might return to the capital again. Great aunt will definitely have the chance to meet grandfather again. Great aunt please do take care of your body."

"That's good, that's good." Luo Old Madam then said some more things to him, such as don't be too studious, especially at night, need to rest early. Also, don't always stay shut indoors, can allot some time to go out and stroll around. And if he encounters any problems, he can directly go find Head Minister Luo. If he's not around, coming to her is feasible too. She will leave the question overnight and have someone send a reply to Chen Zheng Min the next day.

Chen Zheng Min naturally was very moved. Great uncle, Luo Pei Shan, was a 'Flower Snatcher'[1] back in the day, and also had ten or so years of valuable experience. Last time, he'd only given him a bit of pointers, and he could already feel the benefits from it. Just, "Will it be too troublesome for great uncle?" His face was slightly red.

This was feeling embarrassed? Jing Wan had always thought of herself as a 'thick skinned' person. Seldomly did she ever see men blushing, and it was even only because he might trouble someone else. From her view, this was quite rare, and couldn't help giving a few extra glances. However, clearly knowing that it would inconvenient others, but still being honest with one's desires, this kind of person can also be considered not bad.

Luo Old Madam seamlessly gave Jing Wan a glance and smiled, "There's nothing troublesome about it, it's just trivial matters. Your great uncle also checks your fourth biao uncle[2] and those few older male cousins' situation everyday too." Towards talented youngsters, Luo Pei Shan was still willing to guide, let alone her full blooded younger brother's eldest grandson. If Wan Wan can become engaged to him, in all likelihood, her family's master will put in even more effort.

Because it was just 'in passing', Chen Zheng Min's sense of guilt lightened a bit.

Since there were still others present, it wasn't convenient for Luo Old Madam to ask Jing Wan's opinion. Thus, for the time being, she pressed it down and didn't mention it.

This trip to the Chen Manor can be said to be 'the joy of both guest and host'. At least, those few that were upset in their hearts, who would go pay attention to them?

When they left the Chen Manor, Jing Wan was still left by Luo Old Madam's side, and same as before, they didn't leave anyone in the carriage to serve them.

"Wan Wan, how did you get along with the Chen family female cousins?"

"They're all very easy to get along with." Chen family's first branch didn't have as many as Luo family's in this generation. Moreover, the three eldest older female cousins were already married off, and the latter two cousins were still quite young. This way, the ones close in age with Jing Wan, including the second branch's, were just those three or four. Moreover, their personalities were all the relatively good type, except for one little younger cousin, who kept eyeing her accessories. Her flattering words were flying out like water. She was practically just a step away from directly asking for it, making one somewhat annoyed. Jing Wan just smiled and brushed her off. Because she knew that this kind of thing, once there was a start, then perhaps it might get out of hand someday. It's not like she was a money tree either.