''There you go...'' Jace looked at Alec ''You have her word.'' Alec locked his eyes with Katherine who gave him a shrug and a nod.He sighed before looking back at Clary ''Follow me.'' the two walked off and Katherine walked over to Jace who was looking at the monitor ''I hope we aren't making a mistake.'' 

He looked at her, '' We aren't.''

~*~*~*~*

Katherine was sitting on a table while Jace sat on a chair with a tablet in his hand when the monitor started beeping. She got up from the table just as Alec approached the monitor ''What the....huh?'' it started beeping even loudly and Jace moved towards the monitor with Katherine and Izzy behind him.

''There's something outside the perimeter.'' Jace said as Izzy  and Katherine approached them and looked at the monitor, ''By the angels.'' 

''I told you-''

''Don't say it.''

''What's happening?'' Katherine looked at Clary as Izzy sighed ''Looks like someone is trying to break in.'' ''Could be the Circle. '' Jace noted as he,Katherine , Alec and Izzy moved towards the exit of the Institute.

''Told you so.'' Alec looked away from Jace who sighed, ''Too soon.''

He and Alec wore their jackets and Katherine pulled out her seraph blade as they walked out in the dark. Katherine saw a figure holding something  and raised her blade higher up, ''I see someone.'' ''Don't move.'' Jace said as soon as he saw the figure as well as Alec aimed his bow at it ''Drop what you are holding. put your hands up.'' Clary came from behind them with her blade glowing in her hand.

The figure walked closer and in the light of her blade Katherine gasped as she saw the male vampire who had kidnapped Simon with the said boy in his arms and as much as she would have like to thought that Simon was simply unconscious, she couldn't.

 Because Simon Lewis was dead.

Katherine lowered her blade with the rest of them as Clary's eyes widened, ''Oh my god, Simon!''

~*~*~*~*

Katherine hated morgues, she hated the aura the morgue bounced off.

Raphael and Alec  placed Simon on a table with a book as a pillow and stepped away as Katherine looked at how peaceful the boy looked, as if he was sleeping, if only that were true. Her eyes which contained pain for Simon, for Clary who lost her best friend, met with Alec's. He squeezed her arm in comfort and she leaned into him.

''People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter.'' Jace pointed out.

Alec looked at Katherine who was still leaning into him, she looked up to him and saw the decision in his eyes before he even spoke ''Go, I'll be fine.''she said when she saw his dilemma  he nodded his head before releasing his grip on her ''I'll go.I'll tell' em we didn't find anything.Nobody will come down here.'' with one last look at Katherine who gave him a nod, Alec left.

''I might be a vampire....but I was raised a good catholic.'' Katherine stood besides Clary and glared at the vampire as he made the cross sign. ''The vampires breached the accords.'' she hissed at him as Izzy looked down at Simon's body ''Killing Simon is  grounds for war.''

''The vampires were not behind this.'' Raphael looked between Katherine and Izzy ''Just Camille.She attacked Simon on her own.'' Katherine scoffed at him. ''And how do we know you're telling the truth?'' Jace snapped at him ''I could have gotten rid of him but instead I brought him here.'' he pointed out with a smug look that Katherine wanted to wipe off his face. ''I don't want trouble with the shadowhunters.''