5: Memory Lane

This chapter will hopefully clear up some of the confusion. Just read and try to understand. Some of this, y'all didn't know about earlier.

Leave in line comments.
________________________

"When I'm in my bed

I think of all the memories I've had

All of the things I did back then"

-TI
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.
.
.
FLASHBACK, 5 years before
.
.
King and I sat in his Maybach, while his driver took us somewhere on the other side of Atlanta.

I'd only been there for 2 weeks, and I was hating King more and more each day.

He had told me that he would come clean once we got here and I'm still clueless about who my mother is.

I still had my cast on because last week at the jump in, Jada tried to get me killed. I'm beating her ass when I get better though, so I'm gonna chill before my temper start getting out of control.

I was thinking too much.

What Ant had told me was still fresh on my mind...

His ass been lying to you this whole time!

He ain't start so called searching until 2 years ago when Jamal got gunned down at one of his traps and my momma threatened to snitch on his no good ass.

Was King really a snake like Ant had told me?

"You're brave."

I looked away from the window and toward King who was sipping Hennessy out of a glass.

"Where are we going?" Instead of feeding into more of his bullshit, I asked what I wanted to know.

"I thought we would never find you."

"Where the hell are we going, King?!"

"Oooh. I think I'll call you Temper," he spoke, nodding his head slowly.

I picked up a glass and was about to throw it at him.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you. you haven't even trained yet. I would hate to have to kill my own daughter with my own two hands."

I stared at him in disbelief before throwing the glass at the door and watching it shatter.

"Bitch." I mumbled as I stuffed my headphones in my ears.

*

"Let's go."

I followed King down the path of the grave yard.

He stopped in front of a gravesite that read Kasey Carter, Loving Sister, Mother, and Wife.

I just stared at it, trying to comprehend.

"What is this?"

"Your mother." I furrowed my eyebrows together as I watched a tear drop from behind his Ray Bans.

The devil cries?

"Y-you're lying. I'm not believing this. I never even met her."