4: The Eyes That Tell It All

Can y'all leave in line comments?
________________________

"Shawty a killa, Come straight from Atlanta."

-PND

{Light Bright Cast, Part 1 to the side.}

"Cut it."

I was sick of my hair. I had to reschedule my hair and nail appointments until this Friday because of King and his damn attitude.

In addition to that, A'Tasia had just turned 4 and she was having a party at Chuck E Cheese tonight at 6; which was in 3 hours and King wanted me to go and check out the traps.

He got ALLLLL these other people that can do the job but he wants me to, knowing that his oldest grandchild's birthday was today.

If he wasn't my sperm donee, I would have been put a bullet in his dome.

They don't call me Temper just because...

"The hell, A? You want me to cut your hair?" I looked up from under my mass of wavy hair, and into the mirror at Mona. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she was biting her lip like she was in deep thought.

"Ain't that what I said?" Mona asked her lips then flicked my ear. She rubbed her protruding belly before mumbling something smart.

You guessed it, and you was right. Mona and her husband are expecting a child in about 6 months.

"Don't get smart, la girl." She announced that she was going to get some food to feed her and her baby, and then left from her station.

I scrolled down my Instagram timeline a bit before switching to the popular page... Or the explore page. Whatever it is. Instagram always tryna add something new.

I clicked on a random picture and I saw some chocolate dude. He was dressed in magazine printed joggers with a matching bucket hat, and wheat Timbs. he was standing on train tracks, his head tilted downward so you could only see his smile.

The caption was "#McKellMondays 😩😋 He so fine, like yaaasss boo. We gettin' married soon." She tagged him too.

Clicking on the picture, I went to the guy's Instagram page and noticed that this was the dude from the party. He had over 150 thousand followers.

Me being me, a nosey mf, I started lurking.

I found out he had a daughter. She looked just like him, just a lighter version. She was a sassy lil thang, but she was adorable.

He had this habit of asking where Bae was... I just did my Waka Flocka face, "Ok..."

Dwayne was fine though, like reaaal fine. And he liked smoking weed, I could fuck with that. He also seemed like a real dedicated father to Karsen. However, I don't make assumptions from pictures. That's the easiest way to make an ass out of myself.

*

"How it look, A?" Mona sat in the chair that I was in not even 5 minutes ago, eating some chicken strips from Popeyes. Hungry ass. She didn't even offer me any.

"I like it," I stated honestly. My hair now reached my shoulders, but it was still wild and curly.

"Here." I pulled a few hundreds out of my Gucci purse, and attempted to hand them to Mona.

"You don't gotta pay me." She continued to eat her chicken strips like I hadn't said anything.

"Take the damn money, Mona."

It's not like she needed it. Mona was doing damn good for herself, and she was extremely successful.

She was so dang stubborn, though.

All of us were.

"Nope." I stared at her, and I'm sure she already knew what I was thinking.

Groaning in frustration, I folded the bills up my hand before leaning down to hug and kiss Mona.

Before I stood up straight, I casually slipped the money into pocket Mona's smock.

"By babes." I laughed on my way out of the shop.

"Ima beat you, la girl!"

*

I screwed the silencer on my gun before knocking on the door of his hotel room.
"Who is it?"

"Room service."

"We don't need room service."

"I can't hear you through the door."

As soon as his woman for the day cracked the door, I pushed it open, breaking her nose and making her fall down in the process.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Where is Mac?"

"He-he's in the shower."

I stepped as far away from her as I could before giving her one shot to the head.

I rolled my eyes at the sound of some old school music blaring from the beats pill that sat in the corner of the hotel room, surrounded by stacks of money.

There was a line of cocaine on the table waiting to be snorted. Damn shame.

The drugs obviously went to this man's head if he thought he could steal from King and not get caught.

I could hear Mac singing in the shower as I approached the steam filled bathroom. He sounded a mess and it was getting me upset.

"Mac, baby."

"Yes, darling?"

"How much longer?"

"A few more minutes and I'll be done. These shower jets are amazing."

"Can I see your eyes, real quick."

I heard him chuckle, most likely feeling himself with his conceited ass.

Mac pulled back the shower curtain with a smile on his face, but it dropped when he saw the barrel of my gun.

"Wha-what are you doing? Who sent you?"

"I'm just doing my job."

His lifeless body dropped to the wet floor of the shower. I saw his blood mixing in with the water, turning it a light pink color.

After collecting all of King's merchandise and money, Mac and his mistress' fortunes, and cleaning up any evidence, I discretely headed to the parking garage of the hotel.

"Speak."

"Aye, lil mama."

"My name is Asia."

"And mine is Dwayne, daddy if you like." His raspy voice and his deep chuckle made me blush like a love sick school girl.

I smirked at his attempt to butter me up, and it was working. A little bit.

"What do you want?"

"I wanna see you." I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"You'll see me when you see me."

"Come on, ma. Quit playin'."

"I'm not." I tapped my freshly manicured, cocaine white nails on the steering wheel.

"Yes you are." Dwayne sang.

"Ok, ok. My niece is having her birthday party tonight at Chuck E Cheese. That's where I'm gonna be."

"Aight, ma. Ima pick up my daughter and swing through. Text me the address."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop calling me Ma, Dwayne."

"Ok, Ima call you Eyes."

"That ain't no better," I stated as I started up my car.

"To bad, baby. But Ima see you later."

"Mhm."