11: REAL

"Should I hate them for telling me ball out

Should I hate street credibility I'm talkin' about

Hatin' all money, power, respect in my will

I'm hatin' the fact that none of that shit make me real."

-Kendrick Lamar

Asia's POV

Walking into that house, was overwhelming. The atmosphere was completely different.

Drugs.

Money.

Guns.

It was all there. All of them, which was almost 20 , sat around this big table counting momey, testing cocaine, and various other things.

This shit was real.

Really real.

"Asia-baby!" Makai yelled, causing everybody to look up at me as I walked into the room. After hugging everyone, besides the few I didn't know along with Duke and China , I sat down next to Jada and Nick. Ant was walking around, monitoring the new workers.

"So.... what do you call this stuff?" I mean, it was obvious what this stuff was, but I never really knew the whole background behing it all. Duke told me what he did, but I was never allowed to go around the trap houses and drugs and shit.

"We just got a new connect in Houston. But it isn't that big, they just got partial good stuff to offer. And we came to recruit new workers. That was really the main focus." Nick answered.

I nodded my head at his response. "So yall are taking their workers pretty much. " Jada put a band around a stack of hundred dollar bills and turned to me before speaking.

"In a way, but not so much. The plan is to take these kids that used to work for Smokes without him knowing. And then when we get to the A, we continue to trade with him, and when he finds out that we taking his workers. Him and his hitmen come to the A. We kill them all and then his workers and supply comes to us. "

"Wow... That is smart as hell." The whole scene is amazing. It's obviously different looking from the outside, compared to being apart of it.

"You wanna help us?" Nick asked me, and I nodded. I loved counting money.

Oh, that reminds me-

"Did yall get my safe from the apartment?" Nick nodded and continued to smoke the fat blunt that he had between his lips.

"That safe was heavy as shit." I nodded. It really was.

"You know you're not supposed to get high off of your own supply." I stated matter-of-factly to Nick and then I noticed that there was atleast 12 blunts going in separate rotations between the boys from China Bear, Duke and his dudes, and my brothers and sisters.

"Oh, Asia-Baby knows something about this!" Makai yelled, making me and everybody else laugh.

"Well, little girl," Cameron plucked me in my forehead, "We had to buy this shit."I muffed him and went back to counting the money.

And it was a lot.

Almost the whole living room was covered in stacks of money.

"But it sure as hell was worth it." Zion picked up the big Ziploc bag that was still nearly full with weed. His eyes were low, and he was without a doubt faded.

"I'm hungry." I got up from the table and walked to the kitchen. This house and ours were almost identical, but the decor, of course, was not.

"Hey Asia." I walked right past him and opened the stainless steel refrigerator , getting ingredients to make a bomb asss sandwich.

"Asia." I ignored him, and got the family bag of Doritos from the huge pantry. "Helllllloooooooo." Duke stood behind me when I continued to ignore him and began on my sandwich.

"You dont hear me?" Duke asked after I finished making my sandwich and put some chips on the paper plate. He wouldn't let me turn around. It was pretty damn uncomfortable being pushed into a sink and then this boy who was on semi hard having his front pressed against my ass.

"Hello Duke! How is it going?" I used my butt to push him out of the way and grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. Now my back was pressed against the sink.

"Why you dont talk to me?" Duke pouted and continued to rub his hands up and down my sides. To say that my heart was beating faster was an understatement. It was going 73 miles per hour, and I know Duke heard it because he had this goofy grin on his face.

"Because you got a girl and I am not trying to start nothing between y'all." I stated honestly.

"So you feelin me-" Duke grinned and pulled me closer to him, if possible. "I didn't say that."

"But your face says other wise, René. And your breath is hitching every time I touch you." Duke ran his finger tips along my neck before planting a sloppy, wet kiss in the same spot. As much as I hated to admit it , Duke was right, my breath hitched.

"That doesn't mean anything." I told him. In a way I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince Duke.

Before I could object, Duke kissed me. But the kiss was filled with something; something that I couldn't make out.

"You can't tell me that you ain't got feeling for me , Asia. I read your diary." My eyes widened and my mouth dropped.

"You might wanna cover that up." Duke rubbed my neck where he kissed me before giving me a chaste kiss and taking some of my Doritos and walking away.

"Duke is it really that noticeable?" Worry filled my voice as I jogged a little to catch up to him with my plate in one hand and a soda in the other.

"I was playin Asia. I'm not stupid enough to do that with your crazy ass brothers in the house." I let out a puff of air that I didn't realize that I was holding in before walking past Duke.

"But next time I won't be cautious." Duke's heavy hand came down on my behind before squeezing it, giving me another chaste kiss and walking away, leaving me in awe.

Right then all of the feelings inside of me started singing Kendrick Lamar's song , Real .

I'm real

I'm real

I'm really , really real...

And it had me thinking, did I really have feelings Duke?