10: THE UNKNOWN TRUTH

"If you've ever kept a secret

From the one you love

This is what it feels like."

-Keri Hilson

Unknown

"You need talk to them. She is gonna find out sooner or later."

I looked up from polishing my gun. "He probably don't even think I'm alive, and she won't even know who the hell I am."

"They know you alive, except for her , and if you curse again Ima hurt you." My momma stated as she stirred whatever was in the pot on the stove.

"She is gonna wonder why I haven't came looking for her." I sat my gun down on the table and put my head in my hands.

"You let your father corrupt you, when I told you that I was gonna be in your corner. You ran because of what your father wanted, and that was bullshit. But I refuse to let you sit here and mourn over your dumb ass decisions."

Leave it to my mother to be the blunt one.

I watched my mom continue to cook after wiping my face with a nearby tissue.

She made that's seem so easy, but it's really not.

Asia

"I'm sorry- "

"Okay. Sorry will not change a thing. Tell me the truth." King inhaled and deeply exhaled after closing his eyes for a few seconds.

"What's the truth?" He chuckled before leaning back in his big rolly chair that sat behind his desk and lit a Cuban cigar.

"You know what I'm talking about, King." I saw this pained look in his eyes, but it left as soon as it came.

"That's how it is now, René?" King asked me, addressing me by my middle name.

"I mean, you acting like you don't know what I'm asking you."

"I swear you acting just like your momma right now."

"I beg to differ, since I was living a lie for almost 16 years and I don't even know who in the hell she is. "

King slammed his hand down on the desk, making this booming sound that felt like there was an explosion.

"I don't give a damn what you think, Asia, but you have no idea what happened. You don't wanna accept my apology, then I don't give a damn. "

"It's obvious of the fact that you don't give a damn. If you did, I would not have been getting abused by a fucking drug addict who didn't give a damn about me while you supposedly were searching for that long! That is ridiculous, King. And if you ain't gonna tell me anything, I'm waisting my damn time and I will find out myself! "

By that time, I was standing up in front of the desk, completely knowing to the fact that I just said more than 2 curse words to my supposed to be father, but I did not care at the moment.

I was staring at King for a minute before he removed the cigar from his lips and replaced his scowl with a big grin.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he began to laugh at me.

"I don't find anything funny." I stated, matter-of-factly.

"You look just like her." King stated after a while of silence.

"And..." I made hand gestures, trying to get him to continue.

"And you gotta wait until we get back to Atlanta." I smacked my lips but smiled when I realized what he said.

"You're gonna tell me about her?" I questioned in disbelief.

"I guess." After running around his desk to hug him, I began to walk to the door.

"And Asia, if you curse at me again... "

I walked out the office, but walked back in remembering something. "Can I go to the other house?"

King raised his eyebrow at me with his cigar hanging loosely between his lips. "Why?"

"...To see Ant?" I answered, more of a question. But, Ant and them were actually over there and I wanted to see what they were doing.

"You can go see your lil boyfriend." I turned around with my mouth wide open.

"I don't even like him." I stated, partially trying to convince myself.

"Hmm, okay." King shooed me out of his office and I closed the door after walking out.

Did I like Duke?

That wouldn't be fair because he has a girlfriend, but I don't even know...