3: REMEMBER THAT?

"What I'm trying to say is not to forget..."

-Rihanna

Asia

Its been 6 days since I have seen Janelle. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'm just gonna expect the worst and hope for the best.

I was counting my money that I have been saving since I knew the dollar's worth.

Before Janelle became addicted she had a well paying job. She gave me allowance every week and it was well over twenty dollars.

Working at the club just brought me more and more money. So now I have over half a million dollars.

I'm doing pretty well with the finances. However, I'm having to live uncomfortably right now because I'm not old enough to get my own place, and I have no family.

"Man, I'm hungry as shit."

I walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator , expecting us to have nothing to eat.

And guess what... We had nothing.

I walked back to my room and got my wallet after slipping on some Nike slippers and going down that oh-so-familiar four story ladder.

Walking up to McDonald's was regretted when I actually got there. This was the one by CVS where the wanna-be thugs are sitting in their pimped out cars in the parking lot.

Why didn't I put on more clothes?

All I had on was spandex and a v-neck t shirt. My hair was still damp and curly from my shower last night. I guess I thought that since I had a little booty, nobody would be looking.

I was wrong.

"Aye, Asia." I ignored him and kept on walking until he blocked my way.

"What do you want Duke?" I sat in my hip and folded my arms , looking into the eyes of one of the biggest wannabe ballers in Houston.

"I wanna make some blasian babies." He started laughing but I didn't see nothing funny.

I tried walking around this ignorant bastard but he just kept on blocking my way.

"Duke, I ain't for your shit today. Move." I pushed him but that didn't do anything.

Duke is 6 foot 3 and built. He's attractive and all, but I don't want his mean ass.

"Come on baby." He pulled me to him dragging every word out.

I will not lie and say that I didn't have the biggest crush on Duke in middle school. And in 6th grade he said 'I don't want you nor do I like you.' That broke my young ass heart, then I just said fuck it.

But when I started to get a lot of back and some front, he has been trying to get at me since I was that newly matured 13 year old.

We walked into McDonald's , he was still making physical contact with me.

I stood in the long line with Duke following .

"Asia."

I turned around and he was pouting.

"What's wrong?" I asked , putting on the same face that he had.

"You don't wanna hug me." He started fake crying and making a scene. I walked up to him and put my arms around his neck and laid my head in his chest so he would shut up.

Also because I wanted to be in his arms.

I was sleepy so his heart beat was about to make me go to sleep in the middle of McDonald's.

"Carter." People only called me by my last name when it was something serious. I looked up into his honey colored eyes.

"Yes?" I asked trying to keep my eyes open.

"When are you gonna stop playing with me?" I took a deep breath before replying.

"Remember what you said Duke?" I asked him.

He tried to find something to look at that wasn't my face. I'm sure he knew how bad he'd hurt me that day.

"I'm sorry Asia. I really am."

"Stop apologizing to me. I hate when you do that."

You know how when a girl and a boy are bestfriends and then one falls in love and the other doesn't feel the same? Yeah, that's what happened.

Duke and I had been bestfriends since I was in the 1st grade and then when he started hustling , I didn't fit in his radar anymore.

I guess that's just the motion.