Part 2; 1: Let It Go

"I was taught to forgive, but not to forget. Shit, half of the time I ain't forgive."

-Anonymous

"A'Tasia, get your shoes so we can go see daddy."

"Here I come."

I looked from my phone when I heard the sound of my niece's feet running on the wooden floors of my apartment. I already know what y'all were thinking, and no, I do not have children. I'm focussed on finishing college and making money.

A'Tasia is Anthony's 4 year old with his fiancee Raven. During Raven's pregnancy, I convinced the both of them to name their daughter A'Tasia, after Auntie Asia, cause you know, I'm the ish. Tay is my everything to be honest. And we actually look just alike besides the fact that her skin is little more tan than mine. I always try to get her as much as possible since Raven is pregnant again.

My lil twin with her spoiled behind.

"You hungry, Tay," I questioned looking through the rear view mirror of my Range.

"Yes, TeeTee, " she anwered not looking up from iPad where Frozen was playing. I shouldn't have even asked, she's Anthony's child so of course she was hungry.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen

A kingdom of isolation

And it looks like I'm the queen

The wind is howling

Like this swirling storm inside

Couldn't keep it in

Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always had to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well, now they know..."

Oh God, not this.

"Let it go

Let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go

Let it go

Turn my back and slam the door..."

"TeeTee, sing with me!" I mentally sighed before joining in on a song that A'TAsia will probably never get tired of.

"I don't care what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go

Turn my back and slam the door..."

Anything for my baby.

*

"A'Tasia, stop running in this house!"

"Sorry, Momma," Tay apologized before walking up the stairs, most likely to bother Anthony.

"Don't talk to my hitta like that, Ray," I told a very pregnant Raven while playfully rolling my eyes and plopping down on their couch.

"Well stop spoiling her like y'all do and it wont be that much of a problem. That child is a beast."