5: KING CARTER THE HOE

"These hoes ain't loyal."

-Breezy

Asia

Brother? Brothers? Sisters? Janelle ain't my mom?

I was pissed.

For the past 15 years I had been lied to about who my parents were.

Fuck Janelle.

"We have the same parents?" I asked Nick.

"We got the same dad, well we all do. King Carter is a hoe." That sentence made me crack a small smile. However, as soon as it came, it was gone.

"How many kids does he have?" Nick said that he was one of my brothers, so it must be like 4 including me.

Nick was thinking for a few seconds before talking. "You have 2 sisters , and 5 brothers including me. You the youngest, Ant is the oldest."

Hearing that made my eyes bulge. Here I am thinking that my dad was somewhere dead, and that I was an only child with no family, when in reality I actually had more siblings than I could count on one hand.

"Damn." I got up after his workers came back in , and walked back to my room.

Since Janelle was dead , I had to find a place to stay. I planned to get up the next morning and look for an apartment that's closer to the strip. Hopefully I would be able to find a place while I'm so young.

"What are you doing?" Nick asked me after I laid back down in my bed and closed my eyes.

"I'm trying to think about how I'm going to survive at 15 with no parent-"

"Get up , get dressed, pack your clothes and anything valuable." He told me while typing away at his phone.

"Why?" I asked him, still laying on my bed.

"Because you're moving back to Atlanta with us Saturday afternoon. I already talked to pops and he just told me that you need to come with the rest of us until then. "

He walked to my closet and started get my clothes and shoes, which was not a lot.

I had to lay low on buying a lot of new stuff so Janelle wouldn't get suspicious. But sometimes I bought a new pair of shoes and some clothes and told her I got the money doing something that I would never really do.

"Well does he know that Janelle is dead?" I walked over to the closet when Nick walked out and got my duffle bag to put some clothes in it.

"He does now. I gotta ask you something." I continued to fold my clothes and put them in the bag without making eye contact, or even looking up for that matter.

I knew what he was gonna ask and I suddenly felt ashamed about the situation. At least he hasn't seen me naked; nobody had and I planned on it staying that way until I decided.

"Look at me." I still didn't look at him. I couldn't ! I mean I was so ashamed of myself. But I had to make something out of nothing. And stripping was the quickest way to do that.

"Asia look at me!" I looked at him, with tears in my eyes. I didn't cry a lot , because I know nobody was gonna have sympathy on me. That's just the way it is.

"Why did you work there?" Nick asked me, but I didn't want to answer.

I'm sure that by looking around this shitty ass apartment he knew why but he just wanted me to say it.

"Asia, you got one more damn time for me to ask you something and you don't answer. We go fall out. For real, for real."

I still didn't say anything, even though I was believing him a little. Who wouldn't , after seeing what he could do with no remorse. "Asia-"

"I had no other choice okay?! " By then the tears were falling freely as I sat down on the bed , my body jumping from how hard I was crying.

"What you mean you had no other choice?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"I need to go to college and ain't n-no way ima get there or support m-myself making slow money. Janelle stopped caring a long time a-ago. You know... I got raped just trying to go down the stairs? It's hard around here. Nick you don't understand."

"I'm sorry." I looked up at Nick and had a few tear streaks running down his face.

"Why are you saying that?" He pulled me closer to him and wiped my tears before embracing me again.

"We been looking for you for almost 16 years. And then while all of us living large and shit , traveling the world , you was dealing with a crack head and working at a strip club. That ain't right-"

"Y'all were looking for me? What are you talking about?" By now we had stopped crying but both of our noses were without a doubt red because of our complexion.

Light skin problems.

"Well pops told me all this shit. Janelle's real name is Ana. She used to live in Atlanta and she use to have a crazy ass crush on King before you and after Jada and Makai. They were 2 at the time. They ain't twins though." We both laughed again before continuing to pack my clothes.

"Anyways, she wanted to be his next baby mamma and he told her he didn't want to have anymore kids and she believed him. Everything was cool until pops got ya momma pregnant and all hell broke loose. After you were born, Ana got pissed and took you, moved here, and changed her name to Janelle. The only reason we found her was because she was one of pops old connects in the hood customers. Some sort of revenge and he asked us to handle it. "

"Where is my mom? " He didn't answer, he just kept on packing and zipping my bags.

I ain't wanna stress the topic because he might get mad at me, and this my first time having a brother so I didn't wanna mess that up.

I'll just ask dad... Damn, I gotta get used to saying that.

"This is a big house." I gawked in amazement at this mansion looking house in Humble, Texas.

It's about 3 houses surrounded by a pond and a gate. But I'm guessing my dad owns one of them.

"This one is where we live." He pointed to the house that was in the middle as he pulled up to it. "That one is where the goons live until we leave."

"Pops ain't here right now. He went to recruit more workers but I'm guessing the rest of them lame ass people are here because the truck is here."

Even though its pitch black outside, you can clearly see the two big white on white Escalades in front of the house.

I nodded and pulled my jean shorts out of my ass before proceeding to get my bags out if the trunk with the help of Nick.

He unlocked the large front door and the first thing I saw was a large staircase and a huge chandelier. "Wow."

I'd never even been close to something as extravagant as this.

"Aye!" Nick yelled up the stairs. "In the game room." A female voice yelled.

"You can leave your bags down here. Ima come get them later." He took off up the stairs.

I gently sat my bags down and started walking up the stairs. I guess Nick noticed that I wasn't keeping up because he came back and picked me up against my will.

"Okaaaay Nick. Put me down." I was laughing real loud while Nick ran down the hall with me in his arms.

"Nick, why do you insist on bringing these hoes to meet us?" I heard a high pitched laugh and then some other deeper voices joined in.

"Don't worry about them, they don't even know you here." He put me down and grabbed my hand leading me to the game room, I guess.

"I didn't know that Asia Carter was a hoe."