3: M.A.F.I.A.

"Money always first, in anything."

-King Carter

"PUT YA HANDS UP!"

"GET THE MONEY!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!"

All I heard was the sound of guns going off and bodies hitting the ground. Most of the people here were overly exited to finish this mission and talk about the thrill. However, I was ready to get back to my condo and count my money.

In the beginning , I was bothered by the thought of killing people, cooking drugs , and other things affiliated with King. But after almost 6 years of being heartless, it became me.

A part of Asia René Carter.

"Temp, Carter wanna see you." I dropped the last bundle of hundreds into the almost full , black duffle bag on the ground before looking toward the door at Machai, or Red.

Out of the eight of us, Jada, Machai and I were the only ones still in the cartel.

It goes like this. King created this contract for all his kids. As soon as we turned 21 and a month old, we had the choice to leave the game. Until then, we were under his rules, his supervision, and his roof.

Anthony is a certified lawyer who owns his own firm. Cameron owns a clothing line and a few restaurants, salons and barber shops. Mona is a cosmetologist and she works at one of Cameron's salons. Zion is a personal trainer. And Nick is becoming a teacher.

Jada chose to stay and hoe around when she had just as much potential as the others. Her business.

Makai only does hits every now and then while he finishes school.

"For what? " I could already feel the attitude coming on. King had been on my back lately about stupid shit. He was doing little stuff that he knew would piss me off. They don't call me Temp for nothing.

"Ion know. Go see."

The wooden floors creaked under my black Polo boots as I walked to King's office. While I was standing at the door waiting for one of the guards to open it, I noticed that I was in need of a refill. Bad.

Ima have to go to the nail shop before my appointment with Mona.

"Yes, Asia?" King smirked at me after I sat down in front of his desk.

"You called me, King." I mugged him as I watched him smoke his cigar. His deep baritone blared through the room as he chuckled at me. Most likely laughing at the fact that we looked so much alike.

"That new connect is meeting with us tomorrow. You and Makai are attending the meeting."

"Where Jada gonna be?" She was usually the first one to be going somewhere. But that was only because her momma sucked and fucked King whenever he pleased and he felt the need take her opinion into consideration.

"She ain't been feelin' good lately." His smirk dropped.

I chuckled in irritation with him and her. It was obvious that she was pregnant. You would think he knew since he had 7 baby mommas, but I can never underestimate him.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing, King."

On my way out, I picked up the heavy duffle bag from the corner of the room that was labeled Temper and said bye to Makai.

I relaxed into the seats as my Mercedes G Wagon came to life before pulling out of the gates and onto the late night streets of Atlanta.

*

The time on my MacBook read 12:37. I had just finished typing an essay for English. Stupid shit. But I'm trying to get a degree, so I won't complain.

Just as I was about to get up and go to the kitchen, my phone started ringing.

"Aye, Lil mama." His husky voice breathed through my phone.

How cute.

"My name is Asia. How you get my number?" I rolled my eyes at the chuckle that he did. I could hear him smirk that cocky smirk that I had come familiar with in just 5 minutes. I was ashamed to say that.

"Ya girl gave it to me." I Rolled my eyes at B instigating ass.

"What do you need, Dwayne?"

"If you really wanna know-"

"Come on, Dwaaayne. I got things to to." Lyin ass. The only thing I had to do was go to sleep. My bed was calling my name.

"I love the way you say my name, Asia baby. But I wanna see you." The sound of his voice made my breath hitch. I pulled my phone away from my ear to calm my breathing down.

"You don't know me."

"I wanna get to know you, though." I could tell that, that sentence had a double meaning. Unbeknownst to him, he wasn't getting to know any part of me. I mean, he can give some lip action because his lips are too plump to go unbothered. But that's all.

"Sorry, lil man. But my motto is Money Always First, In Anything. I live by that. I'll see you when I want to be seen. Goodbye."