13: WELCOME TO THE GOOD LIFE

"Everything that shines ain't gold."

-Tory Lanez

Asia

"Get yo sleepy ass up!" I high tailed my ass out of his room after slapping Makai as hard as I could.

"Man you play too fuckin much! Damn!" I heard him yell from down the hall and then his heavy footsteps. "I'm gonna beat yo ass, Asia."

Flicking him off, I went back to my room to finish getting dressed. My room was plain at the moment. King said it was a guest room, but by the end of the week it would be decorated as I pleased.

*

"I hope you ready for this, A." I snapped out of my daze as Ant pulled up to the front of the warehouse, putting his hand on this pad and it scanned his hand and face after he said his whole name.

There were people who looked to be my age and up, walking around with machine guns. They had the meanest mugs on their faces. There was barbed wire on the gates. I could hear and see K9's and Pit bulls barking at any and everything. There was blood here and there.

No , I'm not ready is what I wanted to say. But, I just took the ponytail holder from my wrist and wrapped my hair into a tight bun.

"Why I have to do this, Anthony?"

"Because pops is a dick, I'm telling you. He had full custody of me since I was 9. As soon as I was old enough, I moved out. He a snake that likes to use people for his own good."

"Ant, you can't be telling the truth-" I shook my head no. I didn't wanna hear what he had to say after I had just found some people who I felt cared for me like I wanted to be cared for.

"And why not, Asia? His ass been lying to you this whole time. He wasn't looking for you. Jada's momma, Jenae, convinced him not to do a damn thing when Janelle took you and then Jenae got pregnant again, with Jamal. He ain't start so called searching until 2 years ago when Jamal got gunned down at one of his traps and my momma threatened to snitch on his no good ass.

"Why you think Jada been actin so shady? She jealous that she ain't the youngest girl anymore. That's my sister, but Jada a snake just like her parents. Asia, I'm gone let you know now. Once you step foot into that warehouse, yo life gonna change. You can't be weak to them. You need to fight for your life meaning throw everything including the kitchen sink... Hey, stop that cryin."

Anthony pried my hands from my face and wiped my tears before kissing my forehead. "You gone be good.

I followed Ant into the warehouse.

Okay, you know how I said that the stuff at the house was amazing? This stuff was overwhelming. I had never seen so many naked women in one setting. And they had the nerve to think they were cute with that damn cellulite. Out of line. They were cutting, bagging, and cooking drugs. Another section of them were counting money.

We passed a group of guys that were shooting many different guns at targets. Another couple of dudes that were fighting. There were bricks of cocaine stacked high, lining the walls. It was crazy.

"What was that?!" I questioned with my eyes wide open when I heard the high pitched screams coming from a door that said All Smiles.

Anthony rolled his eyes at my question as if it was stupid. "It's obviously the torture room."

How was I supposed to know that when the colorful door gave off such a playful vibe?

"You need to be more aware." I rolled my eyes and continued to walk behind Ant until we stopped in front of a set of double doors. "You good?" Ant asked me with a look of concern on his face.

"No." I ain't wanna cry, but I was close. I was getting jumped in. And I was the last person to get jumped in for the day, meaning that they were excited to beat my ass. Even though I've had multiple fights, those were nothing compared to being jumped in.

When I walked in the room (Anthony basically abandoning me after giving me a pep talk and promising me that he would be there when I needed him) , there were multiple girls and boys sitting around, smoking weed and playing with guns.

"Heeeeyyyyy , Asia." I turned my head to see Jada sitting on this dudes lap with his hand in her pants. He looked like somebody that would use her.

She better watch out.

"Hm... " I rolled my eyes and mugged the the dude when she turned around and started kissin on his neck. He licked his lips and blew me a kiss. Pig.

Let's just say this... They broke my arm. Jada gave one of her friends a switch blade and she cut me. My lip was busted. I had a bunch of bruises on my back. A broken rib. Jada had the nerve to try and get a dude to jump in. She had the door locked but when Ant, Cameron, Nick, and Mona came in there, Jada and her 'friends' got their asses beat for taking it too far.

That day I lost the little respect I had for her. I refuse to respect somebody who let a no good, little ass boy finger her in public. I'm supposed to be her sister and she treating me like shit because she's jealous. I can't mess with her like that.

As soon as my cast was off and I finished my therapy, Jada was blessed with another beating. And I whooped that ass. I whooped China's too, just for the hell of it.

Since all that happened, I've changed. I'm no longer a crybaby. I'm no longer someone who doesn't know what they want and let's people run over her. I took everything that Anthony told me that night and it's encrypted into my brain.

Now, I'm a female with power, intelligence, and money. No boyfriend, no problem.

I mean...life is good.

Right?