10: Hell of a Night; part 2

I just wanna start off by sayin', It's about to go diiine. So y'all ghost readers better get reincarnated and comment so I can gone head and finish this book.

Ghostin' asses. *mumbles curse words like a grandmother*

Get Ya bandanas because we thugs over here, and we don't use tissue to wipe our thug tears.

And leave in line comments.
________________________

"When the sun falls, then the moon lights, might be a hell of a night."

-Schoolboy Q

Asia

End of April

"Baby, I'll call you after we finish and I'm on the way by you," I told him, over the loud noises of the workers loading up.

"Aight, bae. I'm finna take Karsen home." I heard him tell Karsen to put her shoes on so they could leave, for the third time.

"Mhm, watch that bit-girl."

I wasn't telling him that because I didn't trust him. It was because I didn't trust Katrina, and I had every right not to.

Katrina had constantly been testing me. She would call Dwayne at all hours of the night, when we tryna chill and whatnot. Lurkin' and liking pictures on my Instagram.

I would've been told him to block her number, but I'm not the type to try and convince a man to neglect his child. Especially when that child already has one parent that barely give a damn about them.

"You ain't got nothin' to worry about, love." I heard him smiling through the phone.

"I believe you."

"As you should."

Dwayne was so damn good to me. It was almost unbelievable.

We connected on a deeper level than sexually, most likely because I haven't gave him none yet. But that's besides the point.

He's understanding and he makes me happy all the time. We do have our times when we disagree because I'm stubborn as hell and Dwayne is too.

It was Saturday, 8 days before Mother's Day. And Mother's Day was the day that I was signing out of this bullshit ass Cartel.

I'd turned 21, three weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. Dwayne was happy too, probably more happy than me.

He'd stated that he was ready for me to stop foolin' with the Cartel because King was fucked up in the head. I agreed.

"Let's go."

I followed Makai outside with the rest of the workers. He had been looking like he was stressing for the last 2 weeks.

It bothered me, because me and Makai were close and I was kinda all he had.

His momma gave up on him when she had finally got over King's no good ass. That cut him deep because he was already aware that King didn't give a damn about him and he wanted to work on his relationship with her.

On top of that, his girl left him recently. Makai told me that she claimed she couldn't do it anymore. After 2 and a half years though? He was in love with her, and now he's hurting.

When Makai hurts, I hurt too.

We were ace boon coons. I was with him when he cut his hair off, when he got his braces taken off, and all the other important stuff.